Professional Scrum Master Toronto, May 26-27, 2020
In-depth course for anyone involved in product delivery using the Scrum framework
Join me for two days to learn what Scrum is really about and prepare for the Professional Scrum Master certification exam.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team.
This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
By the end of this 2-day course you will have:
- Understood the principles and rules of the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it;
- Played the role of a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders in a variety of exercises;
- Learned new practices that can help you and your organization in their Scrum implementation;
- Prepared for tough questions at the PSM I certification exam;
And even more so, Professional Scrum Master™ training will have given you a strong start of your Scrum career and connections that help you grow.
What's included in the course:
- The highest quality Scrum course on the market
- 2 days of engaging exercises and learning
- Consistent training material maintained by Scrum.org
- Personal hands-on experience of the trainer
- Up to 2 free PSM I exam attempts
- 40% discount on PSM II exam after passing PSM I
- 14 PMI PDU credits for course attendance
Topics covered in the class:
- Scrum theory and principles. We’ll learn what complexity means in software environments and how empiricism can help us control risk and improve predictability. We’ll talk about what agility is and what Scrum’s place is within Agile.
- The Scrum Framework. We’ll see how each element of Scrum is tied back to the principles and theory.
- The Definition of Done. We’ll uncover what really is “Done” in the context of Scrum and how it affects our ability to deliver our products.
- Running a Scrum project. We’ll talk about the Product Backlog and planning with Agility, and we’ll learn some useful ways to prioritize work based on value.
- Working with people and teams. We’ll understand how self-organization and cross-functionality can help Scrum Teams become more effective.
- The role of the Scrum Master. We’ll learn what skills and traits can help a Scrum Master succeed and how to approach the challenges by staying true to Scrum.
Who is this for:
The PSM course is designed for professionals either starting in the role of a Scrum Master, looking to transition to this role, or people already working with a Scrum team.
If you are very new to Scrum or work in a role unrelated to a Scrum team, we recommend for you to attend a Professional Scrum FoundationsTM (PSF) course instead.
About your trainer:
Hi, my name is Daria Bagina. I am a Professional Scrum Trainer and a practicing Scrum Master.
With years of experience in the field, having worked with companies and leaders across industries, I this course I will share my experience of implementing Scrum, the challenges I have faced and solutions that worked for me.
What people say:
Daria is a strong communicator that is not afraid to challenge the status quo. She is able to train and influence teams in the Scrum methodology leading to self enabled and self delivering teams.
She also has a very unique talent of finding creative solutions to solve problems whether its visual facilitation or through simulation games that she contributes with to the overall Agile community. As a colleague I found her to be an empathetic listener who I would naturally turn to for advice or to explore and have constructive discussions about ideas, situations and strategies.
Daria is a passionate advocate for Agile and Scrum and a strong proponent for making positive change to support the teams she works with and the organization as whole.
Price: CAD 1495
Professional Scrum Master Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
This class will be delivered virtually. Online meeting links will be sent the day before the class start. We'll be using a variety of online collaboration tools, therefore, a good Internet connection is important.
It's best if you can have a quiet environment to work in for two full days. Headphones are highly recommended.
In the Virtual Classroom:
- All the same training material is covered.
- All the exercises are run as close to their intended in-person experience using modern online collaboration tools.
- The class gives you an excellent opportunity to learn how to work with remote teams and see it in action.