Professional Scrum Product Owner
Live Virtual Class, March 31-April 2, 2023
Learn Professional Product Ownership
Professional Scrum Product Owner™ (PSPO) is a hands-on, activity-based course where students explore Professional Scrum and develop an understanding of the critical role that the Product Owner plays on the Scrum Team. Throughout the class, students learn a number of Product Ownership practices that they can use once they leave the classroom while also receiving an introduction to Agile Product Management.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) certification exam.
There are many myths and misconceptions about the role of the Product Owner. The accountabilities of the Product Owner, however, go well beyond managing the Product Backlog and writing User Stories. The Product Owner is pivotal to bridging business strategy and product execution in order to help the Scrum Team create valuable products.
In this two day class* students will develop and solidify their knowledge of the Scrum framework and the accountabilities of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises. Students learn techniques that they can use to help them overcome the challenges that are often encountered on a day-to-day basis. They will do this while learning better ways to work with the organization, stakeholders, customers and their team to provide greater value in the product being delivered.
View the different Focus Areas covered within this class and others.
* When offered in-person, this course is generally delivered over two consecutive days. When offered as a Live Virtual Class, the course may be broken up into more, shorter days.
Course Learning Objectives
- Increase business agility through the proper execution of the Product Owner role
- Recognize the value of a product over project mindset
- Learn how to bridge business strategy to product execution using Scrum
- Understand that the Product Owner is an Agile Product Manager
- Understand the Scrum Principles and Empiricism
- Understand the Product Owner accountabilities on the Scrum Team
- Learn how to align the team around the business strategy, product vision, Product Goal, and Sprint Goal
- Find ways to effectively communicate the business strategy, product vision, and Product Goal
- Learn techniques for Product Backlog Management, Release Management, and Forecasting
- Identify metrics that can be used to track value creation, and successful product delivery
- Discover techniques to interact with stakeholders, customers, and the members of the Scrum Team
Who Should Attend this class?
This course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. The Professional Scrum Product Owner course is for:
- Professionals interested in starting a career as a Product Owner
- Product Owners with some experience in the role that are looking to improve their understanding or fix their misconceptions of Scrum and the Product Owner role
- Scrum Masters wishing to be an effective coach to Product Owners will also find valuable insights in this course
While this course covers an introduction to the Scrum framework, it’s primarily from the perspective of the Product Owner. Therefore, it’s best if the students come to the course with an understanding of the fundamentals of Scrum, ideally as demonstrated by passing the Scrum Open.
Professional Scrum Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course receive a password to take the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSPO class participants who attempt the PSPO I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a second attempt at no additional cost.
Students of official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSPO II assessment once passing PSPO I.
PartnerAgile For Growth
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I register for this PSPO-I course / workshop?
It's easy. When you click on the blue "Register" button, you will be redirected to a secure form by Agile For Growth. Please fill the form, make payment and follow the prompts in order to register for the workshop.
Upon submitting the form, immediately, you'll get a confirmation email from info at agileforgrowth.com , please go over the instructions and reply back to that email.
How will I know if my registration is confirmed?
Right away. Once you make the payment, you will receive an email with instructions to prepare for the workshop. This is also a confirmation that your registration in secured. Ensure you go over the instructions and pre-workshop content to get ready for the workshop.
What is included with this my registration for this course?
Following are included as part of your registration:
1) Instructor led Live Virtual workshop spread over 3 partial days or 2 full days.
2) Scrum.org Membership
3) 2 attempts to take the PSPO-I Assessment from Scrum.org
4) PSPO I Certification from Scrum.org (upon passing the PSPO-I Assessment)
5) Pre-workshop content that will help you prepare for the workshop
6) 4 Mock tests to self-evaluate your understanding of Scrum and the Product Owner's accountability
7) 40% Discount on the PSPO II Assessment by Scrum.org
8) Credly digital credential on passing the assessment
9) Lifetime certification validity - no annual renewal fee required (upon passing the assessment)
Who will be the facilitator?
Reshma (Simran) Nagrani. Simran is a Scrum practitioner and an expert. She is authorised as a Professional Scrum Trainer by Scrum.org. Simran has taught 3500+ professionals over the globe. Simran's workshops are highly engaging, interactive and practical. Her workshops have a TrustPilot rating of 4.9 from past customers (top notch in the industry).
What will be the timing?
All timing are in IST
Fri: 11:00 - 17:00 Zoom Session Timing
Sat: 11:00 - 17:00 Zoom Session Timing
Sun: 11:00 - 15:00 - Self Study (Homework) Timing - The Homework assignment will be discussed on Day 2
Sun: 15:00 - 17:00 Zoom Session Timing - Question & Answer session
What is the location of this workshop?
This will be an Instructor-Led, Live Virtual Workshop conducted using Zoom.
What will be the tools needed for this workshop?
We will be using the below tools. All of them are free and easy to use.
Youtube: https://Youtube.com, we'll watch a couple of short video clips relevant to the topics during the workshop.
Please ensure you can access and set up ahead of time, to use these tools during the workshop.
Will I get any practice tests?
Yes. During the workshop you will get access to 4 Mock tests to self-evaluate your understanding of Scrum and the Scrum Master's accountability. Mock tests will help you become familiar and increase your comfort to appear for the assessment.
What is the format of the PSPO-I assessment?
The assessment will be online. You can take it from anywhere. There is no scheduling required. You could simply use the assessment password you receive in your Scrum.org profile to begin the assessment on the day, time and place of your comfort.
The assessment will be 60 Minutes long.
You will have 80 Questions (Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, True / False, Scenario based) to answer.
The passing percentage will be 85%.
If someone appears for the PSPO-I Assessment within 14 days and they don't clear it for any reason, they'll get a second attempt to take the PSPO-I Assessment - included with your registration for this workshop with Agile For Growth.
What are the chances of passing the PSPO-I assessment and earning PSPO-I Certification?
Participants who go through all the material that is shared before and during the workshop have very high chances of earning the PSPO-I Certification.
This will be a virtual Workshop
Below are the alternate ways to make the payment to our Bank account OR below QR Code
Bank: Yes Bank
Beneficiary: Agile For Growth
Account Type: Current
Account Number: 013563300002598
or via UPI:
Please share a screenshot of payment confirmation via email to
info AT agileforgrowth.com along with:
Your country of residence:
Your Contact Number: