Professional Scrum™ Training
Applying Professional ScrumTM (APS) is a hands-on course that provides the foundational knowledge needed to work with Scrum in a highly practical way. The course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises. During the exercises, students work in Scrum Teams over a series of Sprints to learn Scrum while using Scrum. They experience first-hand how the Scrum framework improves their ability to deliver value compared to traditional methods.
Applying Professional ScrumTM for Software Development (APS-SD) course is a 3- day course teaching all members of the Scrum Team how to deliver quality software using the Scrum framework. Students work in Scrum Teams over a series of Sprints to learn Scrum while using Scrum. They collaborate to deliver a realistic software system applying modern Agile and DevOps practices, and using the Scrum framework to manage the complexity of software development.
The Professional Scrum MasterTM (PSM) course is a 2-day course where students learn how to use Scrum to optimize value, productivity and the total cost of product ownership. Tools are provided to enable students to relate to behavioral shifts, work with people and teams, coach and facilitate techniques, and address the organization.
The Professional Scrum Master IITM (PSM II) course is a 2-day Advanced Scrum Master course designed to support experienced Scrum Masters in their professional journeys. This course is a combination of instruction and facilitated exercises looking at the challenges that Scrum Masters face and how the principles and values of Scrum help them to deal with those situations.
Professional Scrum Product OwnerTM (PSPO) is a 2-day course focused on teaching students how to maximize the value of products and systems. This cutting-edge course is for Product Owners, Agile product managers and others responsible for a product’s success in the market. In this course, students develop and solidify their knowledge of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises.
Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO-A), Mastering the Product Owner Stances is a 2-day course focused on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders.
Scaled Professional ScrumTM (SPS) with Nexus is a 2-day course designed for anyone involved in building products across multiple teams to learn how they can scale product delivery with Scrum. In this workshop, students use a hands-on case study to learn about the Nexus framework and over 50 practices to reduce dependencies at scale.
The Professional Agile LeadershipTM (PAL) Essentials is a 2-day hands-on workshop that uses a combination of instruction and hands-on exercises to help managers and other leaders who work directly with agile teams understand how to best support, guide, and coach their teams to improve their agile capabilities.
Professional ScrumTM with Kanban (PSK) is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work without changing Scrum. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
Professional ScrumTM with User Experience (PSU) is a 2-day hands-on course where students with some Scrum experience will learn how to integrate modern UX practices into the way they are working in Scrum and how to work most effectively within Scrum Teams.
Tailor Training Plans for Your Organizational Needs
While the catalog of Professional Scrum Training is comprehensive, we realize it may not completely match the unique needs of the people and teams within every organization. As a result, we have additional courses that are available only for use within private training events sponsored by an organization.
Consider options like the combined Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner 3-day course, or find a Professional Scrum Trainer who can develop a customized training plan designed to meet your specific needs.
Improve Your Capabilities as a Professional
Scrum.org training classes are consistently led by Scrum.org expert Professional Scrum TrainersTM (PSTs) to foster experiential learning though instruction, exercises, group activities, real-world examples and discussion, all based on a set of Professional Scrum Competencies. Our training materials are created and maintained by Scrum co-creator Ken Schwaber, Scrum.org and the PST community members who teach the courses, helping to ensure that they are in tune with what’s happening in organizations and always up-to-date with the latest practices. Scrum.org has trained over 251,500 students around the globe.
Professional Scrum Trainers
Professional Scrum Trainers bring their own style and experience to the courses, but use the same materials so that students are learning from the same content regardless of who teaches the course or where it is taught around the world. The result is a tremendously mature and capable set of training materials combined with Scrum experts who work together to realize our shared mission of helping people and teams solve complex problems.
Certification and Assessments
Each class includes a free attempt at the corresponding certification assessment. In your Professional Scrum class, you will learn the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles. To reinforce those concepts, if you take a Scrum.org class and attempt the certification assessment within 14 days and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
The assessments are decoupled from the classes and delivered in an electronic form. The decoupling of assessments from training not only ensures an objective measurement for the student, it also allows students to be assessed on their incoming knowledge and experience, and allows Scrum.org to gather feedback to fine tune training materials and their delivery.
What Makes Scrum.org Training Different?
- Consistent - Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) bring their own style and experiences with a consistent delivery of Scrum.org training around the world, so you know each course we teach is aligned with Scrum, and all of your teammates are learning from the same message.
- Global - Scrum.org 340+ Professional Scrum Trainers are spread globally around the world.
- Quality - Scrum.org PSTs are a select group of Scrum experts who go through an extensive set of peer reviews, testing, training, and interviews prior to being accepted as a PST. Each individual PST must be certified and licensed to teach Scrum.org training. All trainers do more than teach, they spend time on Scrum Teams so that they bring experience to their teaching and understand how to deal with situations in the real-world.
- Experienced - Professional Scrum Trainers bring current agile practices and real-world Scrum experience to the classroom, as PSTs spend a significant amount of their time working on projects. All PSTs must stay up-to-date through annual face-to-face trainer meetings and support of the community.
- Innovative - All training materials are collaboratively maintained and improved by our community of Scrum experts and our founder Ken Schwaber, the co-creator of Scrum.
- Certification - All training classes come with the globally recognized Professional Scrum assessment attempt.
- Focused - Scrum.org training classes focus on delivering value and all exercises are designed around how a Scrum Team works to deliver value.
- Forever - Professional Scrum certifications are yours for life with no renewal costs to retain them.
- Competency Model Based - Each of the Scrum.org courses and broader role-based learning areas are based on a validated and proven competency model. Each competency has a set of Focus Areas that are used to drive an individuals learning and course material creation. View the competencies.
- Our Course Steward Model - Each Scrum.org course is assigned 2 stewards. The steward is ultimately responsible for collecting input on the course materials, both those that exist and potentially additions to be made, review that input with the community along with Ken Schwaber and provide updates as required.
Each course is stored in GitHub, allowing version control, feedback mechanisms, distribution and much more, not unlike the code that Scrum Teams deliver for their products. Through GitHub capabilities, a PST can submit feedback on a course materials, its delivery content, speaker notes, exercises and much more. With PSTs around the world teaching the materials, that provides a fantastic number of people to provide excellent feedback to improve the content and quality of the courseware.
What Our Students Say
PMI Course Credit
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Applying Professional Scrum (APS), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) and Professional Scrum Product Owner Advanced (PSPO-A), Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK), Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E), or Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) course and 21 PDUs after attending a three-day Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development (APS-SD) course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI's "Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.