Skip to main content

How do I define success factor(s) for a scrum implementation process that is yet to kick-off?

Last post 04:22 pm August 15, 2017 by Olasunkanmi Olajide
2 replies
09:09 am August 15, 2017

My domain lead want me to come up with list of success factors, I can easily come up with things like: reduced risk, increased product quality, quick feedback loop, business involvement, etc. But I'm not a salesman and I don't want to come up wish lists which could be difficult to meet within few weeks. How can this be managed?

Context - This is a transition from a rigid waterfall approach to Agile, with loads of gates and obstacles etc.and the transition is being driven by the IT dept though business pretend to be involved. I honestly believe measuring success in a few weeks will be difficult.

In an earlier post, Ian Mitchell affirmed successful delivery every sprint is a key factor, I do not disagree but that will likely be the case in an organisation where there is "Agile Consciousness" and the change is led by the business with alignment with IT and not just following Agile for the sake of doing it, ow where the change is one way led.

03:31 pm August 15, 2017

Ongoing delivery is the same essential success factor regardless of whether the organization has achieved "agile consciousness" or not.

If they haven't achieved it, then they are presumably more likely to fail, but that is hardly a reason to seek a different criterion. The sooner any such failure can be evidenced the better. 

04:22 pm August 15, 2017

Thanks for you comment Ian.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.