Skip to main content

Number of teams in Nexus

Last post 07:26 am September 5, 2017 by Ashokkumar Seeniraj
3 replies
12:46 pm August 16, 2017

Hello all,

Recently I've started studying for the SPS certification and one question came to mind when reading the following:

Nexus is a framework consisting of roles, events, artifacts, and techniques that bind and weave together the work of approximately three to nine Scrum Teams working on a single Product Backlog to build an Integrated Increment that meets a goal.

In that scenario, should the Nexus Integration Team be considered in the 3-9 limit?

04:59 am August 17, 2017

Yes, that is the recommended team size by Nexus Guide for Scaled Scrum.

07:25 pm August 17, 2017

I believe the real question here is if the Nexus Integration Team should be considered when you state this number.

So is it, from 3 to 8 teams + Nexus Integration Team or from 3 to 9 teams + Nexus Integration Team?

The question makes sense since on Scrum you can have from 3 to 9 members + Scrum Master + Product Owner.

If I had to guess, I would say from 3 to 9 teams + Nexus Integration Team.

07:26 am September 5, 2017

Yes, I believe it would be 3 to 9 Nexus teams plus one Nexus Integration Team, which includes the Product Owner and a Scrum Master.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.