Skip to main content

PSM III

Last post 05:03 pm June 8, 2020 by Sam Robertson
6 replies
05:13 am September 2, 2017

Hi,

Regarding PSM III, it was mentioned that the assessment will have 34 questions and 1 essay. Good to hear this info at least. Is 1 essay have the set of multiple questions? Can some one throw light on the number of questions from essays? Also, few sample questions to understand on the format.

Is it possible to know what is the maximum score this assessment for?

07:46 pm September 5, 2017

Hi Siva! I have a couple friends who have take the PSM III assessment. I think you're deciphering some of the website information, slightly different than intended. I'm quite sure it's not 34 multiple choice and one essay question. I think it's saying there are 34 questions, and they are compromised of a combination of multiple choice and essay questions. I'm certain they told me it was a mix of the two and that they definitely had multiple essay format questions.

I've been looking into finally getting some certifications and so I recently asked them some questions. They all told me they found an article on the Support FAQ that was very helpful and informative in aiding their preparation for the PSM III. I just looked and found that Support FAQ article here: http://support.scrum.org/knowledgebase/articles/1090684-how-do-i-prepar…

Hope it helps. Good luck!

02:51 pm September 7, 2017

The bulk of the questions are open questions. Not sure what you mean by maximum score, but I guess this is what you're looking for: it depends on the mix of questions you get, in my attempts essay questions represented ~85% of the total available points.

03:18 pm September 7, 2017

I answered this same question in another thread, where you thanked me for the input.

How come you still think it's one essay question? :)

06:26 pm September 7, 2017

I have raised the question twice at the same time. One under a new tag and one under an old thread. Thanks Norbert anyways.

04:24 am December 30, 2017

PSM III is a combination of essays and multiple choice questions. We can't however predict the ratio. It is populated from a randomiser. But the preference will be give more to essay based questions ( Meaning you can expect more essay based and CASE studies).

01:03 pm June 7, 2020

These are mostly thematic questions that fit your essay topic.

The main thing is to write everything you know and it is good to structure everything. And then you get a good score.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.