Skip to main content

Question

Last post 09:31 am September 9, 2017 by Chitwan Kaur
7 replies
04:39 pm September 7, 2017

Can we add a product backlog item that is not ready into Scrum backlog? If yes then what exactly is 'Ready' of a Product backlog item used for.

05:10 pm September 7, 2017

If a Product Backlog Item is planned into a Sprint Backlog, and the Development Team do not consider the item to be "ready" for planning, what do you think the risks would be?

05:53 pm September 7, 2017

If they consider it is not ready then they will not be able to provide proper estimates and work involved in completing that PBI. But my question was more of...Can a PBI be pulled into SBI even when it is not 'Ready' ?

08:42 pm September 7, 2017

If the team has not estimated the work planned for a Sprint time-box, how can team members commit to achieving the Sprint Goal?

09:05 pm September 7, 2017

Ian, reading most of your answers, I regret there is no Like-button. Always to-the-point, concise and knowledgeable. What's more, you let people find the answers for themselves. Kudo's.

09:12 am September 8, 2017

I second Joost on that. I too follow and explore Ian's forum answers and articles to tweak my Scrum knowledge more and it helps immensely!! :)

- Ashok

09:31 am September 9, 2017

Very well said, Ian. I agree. I was giving a mock exam where it said otherwise and I found it wrong too. Good, I confirmed it here in the forum :)

09:31 am September 9, 2017

Thank you!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.