Skip to main content

Newborn scrum team problems :)

Last post 06:00 pm September 20, 2017 by Majed Alsaeed
2 replies
11:11 am September 20, 2017

Hello everyone,

Here are some problems we ran into and the solutions that I would like to suggest to our team. What do you guys think?

We just had the most unproductive meeting ever:

- The Product owner wasn’t with us because he is on a holiday for the last month ( we do a two weeks sprints ) .

- We were forced to commit to two sprints ahead .

- The meeting included refinement , planning and whatever else that nonsense was.

- Our team included some developers that are not exclusively working on our product.

- The product owner knows nothin about the Product backlog

- The deadlines were already provided, our commitment would change nothing and we were asked to sign a blank check

- Because the meeting was done on an extended period of time, everyone lost interest and wanted it to be over with

What I believe should be done is :

- The product owner needs to own the product backlog

- The product owner is the one responsible for deadlines not us

- The development team’s commitment covers the sprint’s length not the whole product life cycle

- We need to define and agree on the type of meeting we are doing and its length.

- We need to enforce the meetings time limit. What happens when the time is up and we are not done with it?

Thanks y'all.

Majed

02:57 pm September 20, 2017

Looks good to me. Nice and to the point, and I can find no error in your recommendations.

Go ahead and suggest all this to the team, but you may find little impetus for improvement unless clear sponsorship for change is provided by the higher-ups.

05:43 pm September 20, 2017

@Ian Thank you sir! Good for the team, the upper management really supportive and interested in adopting scrum. The stakeholder are understandably annoyed of the slowness of deliverables due to the shortage of transparency between the involved parties.

One problem at a time :)

Thanks a lot

Majed

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.