Skip to main content

Prepping for PSPO I

Last post 10:20 pm September 22, 2017 by Chris Belknap
1 reply
11:48 pm September 21, 2017

Hi there,

I'm just preparing for my PSPO I exam. I've been doing tons of online assessments and readings. Haven't read any book in particular and won't have time to do so. So I'm just trying to make sure I learn as much as possible from online resources.

I haven't found much information on the topic of dividing large amounts of work with many teams.

Can someone write a little bit about it?

Thanks

10:20 pm September 22, 2017

My advice is to make sure you can pass both the PSM and PSPO online assessments with 100%, as the real exams will be harder.  If you miss any questions go back and understand why.  Make sure you have a very good grasp of the Scrum Guide, as there are several general Scrum questions.  PSPO I was a bit more challenging than the PSM, then again I have never been a PO, just a Scrum Master for several years.

Scrum.org does list some very good books, but I have not read all of them: https://www.scrum.org/resources/suggested-reading-professional-scrum-product-owner 

Regarding dividing large amounts of work with many teams, you will want to read the Nexus guide to understand scaling in general.  Focus on Product Backlogs with multiple teams (there should be one), and the number of POs when scaling. 

There are some online assessments that are not related to Scrum.org, but beware, some of these can lead you down the wrong path.

All the best!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.