Skip to main content

Project Process management

Last post 06:56 am October 13, 2017 by Ian Mitchell
5 replies
09:32 pm October 11, 2017

I want to connect our projects and stories together. Because I need to consider processes on scrum. I appreciate it if you guide me and tell me that how can I connect different projects together? How can I show processes between the projects and teams on the scrum board? 

03:19 am October 12, 2017

What do you mean by connecting the projects ? Is it one product for which the organization is currently have one scrum team each for different modules ? What is the aim here ?

10:43 am October 12, 2017

We have different teams for product development, each with different stories that work on different modules, how we can define related activities between teams, and define the process doing continious activities.

05:47 am October 13, 2017

If its different module of the same product then you must have one product backlog for all the teams and one product owner. This will help you to visualize the dependency and help create transparency between teams on who is doing what. 

Read this and see if this would solve your problem ?

https://www.scrum.org/resources/online-nexus-guide

05:49 am October 13, 2017

If above is not the answer you are looking for then what kind of related activities you want to define between 2 different scrum teams who are not working on same PB ?

06:56 am October 13, 2017

We have different teams for product development, each with different stories that work on different modules, how we can define related activities between teams, and define the process doing continious activities.

When multiple teams work on the same product, dependencies between them are to be expected and those dependencies ought to be minimized and managed. Dependencies can exist between items of work and between the teams doing the work. They can be made transparent on the Product Backlog by adding suitable attributes and reduced by the careful grouping and ordering of items.

Having cross-functional teams which provide feature-complete deliverables, rather than organizing teams in terms of modules or components, is likely to reduce dependencies. Teams should be encouraged to self-organize with this in mind, and to collaborate in ensuring that dependencies are limited and controlled.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.