Skip to main content

Questionnaire "Gender comparison - do men or women make better Scrum Masters?"

Last post 02:48 pm March 12, 2018 by Curtis Slough
3 replies
11:59 am October 17, 2017

Dear Community, 

my name ist Kerstin and I am a certified product owner from Germany. 

Currently I am working on my thesis and doing some research about the Scrum Master's Role within experienced Scrum-Teams worldwide:

I appreciate if you could spend 5-10 minutes of your time and answer some questions: 

https://www.umfrageonline.com/s/56860ca

Thank you so much for your support! 

09:15 am March 9, 2018

It was international women's day yesterday and I am wondering what is the ratio of male:female scrum.org certificate holders. I would like to see this statistic.

07:39 pm March 9, 2018

We do not capture gender information about certificate holders.  That is and should be considered private information that we do not capture.

02:48 pm March 12, 2018

As for the original question, gender has no basis on the effectiveness of a SM. That's like asking "Who makes better Doctors? Women or Men?" It's not about female or male, it's about the mindset and personality.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.