Skip to main content

Impact on PSM I Exam with the planned revision of Scrum Guide

Last post 05:57 pm October 31, 2017 by Prerana Pradhan
4 replies
07:32 am October 24, 2017

I was planning to take PSM I exam within next couple of weeks. But via Scrum.org forum, I came across the information that Scrum Guide has been revised. Actually, there is a Scrum Guide update webinar session on November 7, 2017. 

I was just wandering how this might impact the PSM I exam. Would they immediately update the exam contents based on the updated guide or there would be some transition period for the exam to reflect the contents of updated Scrum Guide?

Any information on this would be really helpful.

04:48 pm October 24, 2017

Contact Scrum.org support for assistance with this. 

http://support.scrum.org/

09:07 pm October 24, 2017

Hi Pramesh,

The upcoming changes to the Scrum Guide are more additive and/or clarifying in nature.  The Scrum fundamentals remain the same and there won’t be a large changeover of questions on November 7th when the new Scrum Guide is released.  We update questions in the PSM I and other Scrum.org certification assessments on an ongoing basis and changes reflecting the recent scrum Guide updates will trickle into the question base over time.  No need to be concerned that on November 8th the PSM I assessment will be radically different or invalidate any preparation you have done so far.  Good luck with your prep.

-Rob

Product Manager – Assessments - Scrum.org

10:58 am October 26, 2017

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the comprehensive response. It is really helpful.

I will continue my preparation and hope to attempt an exam by mid or end of November.

Thanks,

Pramesh

01:17 pm October 31, 2017

Hi Rob,

I found this thread relevant to me, so I am posting my queries here.

I am planning to take the PSM I Assessment on November 25, 2017 and have been preparing accordingly. After I learnt about the Scrum Guide Revision due November 7, I am a little concerned.

My queries are:

1. Do you suggest me to postpone my assessment date and take some more time to prepare as per the updated Scrum Guide? Or, do you feel that since the basic fundamentals of Scrum remain the same, I should not worry about taking the test on November 25?
  2. Will the Open Assessments for Product Owner and Scrum Master (available in the website) be still relevant for the assessments after November 7?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Prerana

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.