Skip to main content

Asking for advice about Scrum Master role

Last post 06:50 pm November 28, 2017 by Jason Jafarian
2 replies
11:09 am November 25, 2017

Hello, I'm new in the forum. I'm Jorge, from Spain. I'm one of those PMP who has been reconverted automatically to Scrum Master one year ago. I have changed my job to another company which is agile (ING bank) and I have had an interview in which I haven't been well scored. Thinking carefully, I agree with the result of the interview, because I don't understand a lot of things of the Scrum master role. This week I have a course about Scrum Master role and I'm planning to participate in another one from Jeronimo Palacios. I also want to prepare myself with some good resources and I want to ask if someone can guide me throw this. Thanks a lot!

12:53 am November 28, 2017

Hello Jorge,

All the best for your course. Do let us know how it went, and if there are any more questions - please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Adwait.

06:50 pm November 28, 2017

The biggest thing is to start with the Scrum Guide.  Everything "Scrum" is based off that guide, and reading it 2-3 times over will cover all you need to know about working on a Scrum TeamFrom there, you can read some of the resources for further knowlege in specific topics.  That should be more than enough to get started in the workshop.

Before or after your workshop, consider taking the Scrum Open assessment a few times (questions are random) to get a feel for how well you learned the topics.  If you do well, you may want to get a PSM I certification, certifying that you have a firm understanding the Scrum fundamentals.

If your goal is to be a Scrum Master and learn more than just the fundamentals, you may want to investigate the PMI-ACP and PSM II, as these certifications are more aligned with Agile facilitation and servant leadership, instead of just agile knowledge.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.