Skip to main content

Passed PSM I with 95% grade

Last post 12:14 pm December 4, 2017 by Luiz Fabiano
6 replies
07:17 pm November 25, 2017

I am working as Scrum Master for up to two years and I decided to take the PSM I exam. I took the PSM I exam at Friday 24/11/2017 and passed with 95%. Below is my advice and notes:

1. Prepare to the exam
    1. I took all open assessments to check and baseline my understanding.
    2. I read carefully and understand every word in the following:
      1. Scrum guide
      2. Scrum Glossary
      3. Professional  Scrum Developer Glossary
      4. Nexus guide
    3. I took all Open assessments again
    4. I did step two again
    5. I took all Open assessments again many times until I got scored 100%
    6. I took the assessment on http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-quiz/learning-mode/  , and check every answer carefully.
    7. I took the Nexus assessment on http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-quiz/nexus-quiz/, and check every answer carefully.
    8. I read Scrum Guide again.
    9. I took the real mode exam assessment on http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-quiz/real-mode/ .
  2. Take the Exam
    1. Make sure that you are not tired and there no any interruption or noising near to place where you will take the exam.
    2. Make sure that you have stable and speed WiFi/ 3G / ..etc internet connection.
    3. Make sure the Labtop or PC have stable power supply.
    4. Go to Exam at https://www.scrum.org/assessment-launch/start-psm-i, and read the exam Technical Considerations.
    5. Finally Go to Exam at https://www.scrum.org/assessment-launch/start-psm-i. with best luck.
  3. Exam Result
    1. When the timer expires, your assessment is automatically submitted, and all 80 questions are graded as answered. If you try to navigate to a different question or hit the "Save & Finish" button around the same time as the timer expires (even if you click a few seconds before the timer expires), there is a possibility that you will be taken to an empty page.
    2. Please rest assured that all of your questions will scored accordingly.  After your assessment session was completed, you should receive an email indicating your final score along with a breakdown across the different subject areas.  If you navigate to your Scrum.org member profile, you should be see a record of your assessment attempt with your score result noted.

01:34 pm November 27, 2017

In the next days I take the exam. In the exam, did you find any questions about nexus guide ?

Did you find any questions about  Produc Owner / Developer / Nexus Open Assessment ?

thank you

02:42 pm November 27, 2017

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience and details.

08:45 pm November 28, 2017

Dear Tomas,

Yes there are questions about Product owner/Nexus / developer .

10:17 pm November 28, 2017

Hello Tomas and Ahmed,

The PSM I assessment does not ask any questions on the Nexus Framework, though you might encounter a few questions about using Scrum with multiple teams. For these questions, it is important to keep in mind that scaled Scrum is still Scrum, so it's helpful to keep the core fundamentals and values of Scrum in mind. Understanding of Nexus is not necessary to pass the PSM I, but reading the Nexus Guide and taking the Nexus Open may help you grasp some of these concepts at a deeper level and give you a more comprehensive understanding of fundamental Scrum, as it draws on the same core concepts and values.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. We wish you the best of luck, and hope you enjoy your day.

10:42 am December 4, 2017

Thanks Ahmed!

That helped me a lot. I can only recomment your advice for passing the PSM I.

Additionally I bought the "PSM I Preparation Practice Exams" für €27. Especially the feedback you get there after finishing the practice exams are very useful and the questions are like the real exam.

12:14 pm December 4, 2017

Hi Ahmed

Congralutions on the achievement and thanks by yours advices and show the steps since study until took the assessment. In this moment I'm study and make some simulations to take PSM I and your tips are important to follow the correct way.

Regards

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.