Skip to main content

Dang I failed the PSM 1 as others have

Last post 06:35 pm December 19, 2017 by Brian Rain
4 replies
06:17 pm December 14, 2017

I have been working in the Scrum for 10 years. Actually Agile Scrum\Kanban.  I have started teams from the bottom up and worked as a scrum of scrums. 

I have been certified through scrum alliance and other independent agencies

I took this test as a refresher and admittedly thought I would ace it. I made an 84  which is a bummer. 

These cert tests are kind of whacky because many answers cross the line of being almost correct.

Guess I'll give it a shot in a couple of weeks.

08:17 pm December 14, 2017

The wording on a lot of question is incredibly tricky. Some of them come down to incredibly trivial words within the question that you glaze over. Sorry to hear but you'll do better the second go round with the first score at 84.

08:28 pm December 14, 2017

Remember to go through the Open Assessments aiming to get 100% consistently in each of them.

03:20 am December 15, 2017

Yea I will. My comment in regards to all Agile cert test is that they are not very agile. They are looking for a specific answer where in my 10 years experience that breaks the scrum manifesto. There is no one way to do things in Agile, no set answer. There are guidelines. 

Not to be cocky but running a couple dozen teams and more than 1000 sprints I thought I'd come in and blow through it.

I don't really need it to make my living I just not have taken one since 2009 so I wanted to see what changed.

Maybe I'll do it again or maybe I won't.

06:35 pm December 19, 2017

Hi Daniel - 

There are a lot of possible uses of Scrum and the complementary practices that make the framework work in real-world teams.  However, the Scrum Guide and assessments here are where you test and demonstrate if actually understand the theories.

In all respects, just the wording of your posts here lead me to infer that you may not have as deep of understanding of Scrum as you might self-assess. 

At its core, Scrum is a humble journey of continuous improvement and I wish you well on your journey.    

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.