A Development team has only 3 members. The duration of Daily scrum could be

• A. 

3 minutes

• B. 

15 minutes

• C. 

Per team's decision

My answer is B. 15 minutes. 

My second part is if meeting( sprint backlog) is done within 5 minutes is it mandatory to complete 15 minutes to discuss other things( product backlog ) or they can finish earlier.

06:58 pm January 19, 2018

I think answer B is correct, the Daily Scrum is timeboxed to 15 minutes. It means that it should take no longer than 15 minutes but can finish earlier.

If the team wants to discuss other things, like product backlog, this is not a Daily Scrum topic but can be discussed right after the Daily Scrum is finished.

09:59 pm January 19, 2018

Tahir, as mentioned in another thread, you need to be careful when taking sample assessments from web sites other than Scrum.org, or MLapshin, as other sites can misinterpret, or clearly misrepresent, what is Scrum.

That said, a Daily Scrum's duration is time boxed to 15 minutes or less, and has nothing to do with the number of Development Team members.

07:40 am January 20, 2018

Tahir, the Scrum guide clearly states that, except for the container sprint (which has a fixed length), all other events may end wenever the purpose of the event is achieved i.e. even before the pre-defined timebox frame.

I hope this clarifies your second part of question.

05:48 pm January 21, 2018

Hi Tahir!

Some months ago we've discussed this because our Scrum Team is just 6 people (incl. PO and SM). Of course correct answer is 15 minutes, but anyway if Daily Scrum finishes after 10 minutes, or even 5 minutes, it is absolutelly normal. If less than 5 minutes - in my mind, it is very strange

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.