Skip to main content

De elopment tea, at sprint review

Last post 08:04 pm February 6, 2018 by Timothy Baffa
3 replies
08:53 pm February 3, 2018

The Scum guide says that all Scrum Team must attend to the Sprint Review and it include a set of point about the Development Team responsability. 

But, Must all the Development Team attend to the Sprint Review? What is the problem if some of them preffer to continue programming?

thaks

08:46 pm February 5, 2018

Hi,

I think it's important to attend the sprint review meeting for all the scrum team. As well, the Sprint finish with retrospective meeting, in this meeting the team inspect themself and look for actions to improve their processes. Bearing this in mind, In the retrospective we need the sprint outcomes, and this outcomes are presented in the sprint review. 

I have seen some teams doing a technical debt between retropesctive meeting and review meeting, and when i asked them why they didn't add this tasks to the backlog. They told me, it was because they had a dead time between both meetings (they didn't have enough meeting rooms).

The scrum guide says:

• The Development Team discusses what went well during the Sprint, what problems it ran into, and how those problems were solved.
  • The Development Team demonstrates the work that it has "Done" and answers questions about the Increment.
  • The entire group collaborates on what to do next, so that the Sprint Review provides valuable input to subsequent Sprint Planning

Conclusion (and this is my opinion):

It's important that all the scrum team attend the sprint review, and receive the feedback, collaborate, inspect and adapt, like a team.

Best regards.

04:57 am February 6, 2018

Must all the Development Team attend to the Sprint Review? What is the problem if some of them preffer to continue programming?

According to the Scrum Guide, what is the purpose of a Sprint Review? If team members do not fully participate in that event, what will happen to the team’s ability to inspect and adapt in an informed and timely manner?

08:04 pm February 6, 2018

Must all the Development Team attend to the Sprint Review? What is the problem if some of them preffer to continue programming?

The Sprint Review occurs at the end of the sprint, when all forecast work either meets Definition of Done (DoD), and is eligible to be included in the Sprint Review, or doesn't meet DoD.

Since the Sprint Review occurs at the end of the sprint, the first question that springs to my mind is, what additional programming is there for other development team members to continue with?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.