Skip to main content

Error in Scrum Open?

Last post 10:16 pm March 7, 2018 by Steven Busse
2 replies
11:11 am March 7, 2018

Image of test

Hello,

I'm preparing for PSM-1 and try the open assessment. Here is a question during the test:

"When does a Development Team member become the sole owner of a Sprint Backlog item?"

A) At the Sprint planning meeting.

B) Never. All Sprint Backlog Items are "owned" by the entire Development Team, even though each one may be implemented by an individual development team member.

C) Whenever a team member can accommodate more work.

D) During the Daily Scrum.

I answer proudly A ,since this is when the Sprint Backlog is created...

But it seems that the good answer is B...

Whaaat? OK, going back in the bible, and I read:

"The Sprint Backlog is a highly visible, real-time picture of the work that the Development Team plans to accomplish during the Sprint, and it belongs solely to the Development Team.".

There is something wrong, somewhere... Does anyone understand??

09:55 pm March 7, 2018

Mistake from my part...

The question says: "When does a Development Team member become the sole owner of a Sprint Backlog item?"

I didn't read it properly. The Sprint Backlog is own by the team, but no particular  person in the team own an item of the Sprint Backlog since the all Sprint Backlog belongs to the all team.

Hope it will help someone else with a bad reading like mine! ;)

10:16 pm March 7, 2018

Details are essential when it comes to reading the questions. It's often a single word which makes the difference :-)

Good luck!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.