Skip to main content

Oups, i did it again ;-)

Last post 04:39 pm April 4, 2018 by Michael Schmollgruber
4 replies
08:51 am March 22, 2018

Yesterday i accomplished PSPO I at 92,5%, today PSM I at 97,5%, and i´m quite happy :-)

Many many thanks to:

- Jeff and Ken for their inventions

- Ian and many many others in the forum contributing

- Mikhail Lapshin for his site and service - a really good hint

For those who are still learning:

Don´t get confused wth many opther source available, also books recommended.

The most important thing remains the Scrum guide, partially the Nexus guide, and the wired thing between your ears with so many neurons.

I bought a small package at Volkerdon for 10 bugs, it was helpful on getting used to the types of questions.

For those whose native language is not english and fear some difficulties with it:

The real assessment is more precice than many other sample questions around.

For any further hints, please, feel free to contact me.

Deeply grateful wishing You all the best,

Michael

09:54 pm March 22, 2018

Congrats, Michael! 

I've also used the same resources (volkerdon and less mlapshin) to prepare for both exams. They are very helpful. 

But of course, you are right, that the most important here is Scrum Guide. 

09:00 am March 30, 2018

Hi Michael Schmollgruber,

Can you please share how you proceeded for PSM I. Would 5 days preparation enough for the exams.

I have been part of agile in my previous company, and have a basic understanding of the framework.

I wanted to proceed as per below: read scrum guide (every day), take open scrum example, and then Mikhail Lapshin simulation and real mode.

Would that be enough? Is there any other source? 

Warm Regards,

Houzaifa CADER

12:14 pm March 30, 2018

Hi, Houzaifa!

Just tell my mind (if you do not care it you may ignore my text :) )

It depends on many factors, first of all of your current knowlegde of scrum. I think that 5 days is enough in next conditions:

1 - your only goal nly these 5 days is to prepare for PSM exam;

2 - read and understand (again understand) scrum guide

3 - practice on mock tests. There are free resources,such  (mlapshin),but only 80 questions and some another resources such as mplaza and volkerdon. I've used volkerdon , there are 320 questions and passed PSM (96%)

4 - if you want you can also read articles from scrum crazy

09:24 am April 4, 2018

Hi Houzaifa,

Hi Orkan,

Frankly, i took myself lot´s of time, starting to read 3 books (Roman Pichler, Jeff Sutherland, ... and (?) ):

Furthermore there are several breif and nice Videos out for detail explanations, and finally

mock-exams.

In my opinion it is the art of dividing useful info from time wasters:

About 20% will be really relevant for PSM.

Futhermore i think PSM is a biut easier than PSPO as it is bound more to scrum guide.

A simple test-idea might be to explaing the scrum guide to somebody not familiar with and convincing this person about the purpose and usage. Then you should have at least 80%.

the remaining 20% is between your ears, a grey mass called brain: Several suggested ansewers simply make no sense, thus it is easy the mark the remaining correct ones. Furthermore i am not to stuck in thinking of workexperience, as - like with many other rules and concepts - there are always deviations in practice.

Mock-exams are useful and helpful, despite many are not comparable to the real ones. I think i did in total about 600 ...

You should be able to do at least the PSPO and PSD sample assessments on this site 5 times in a row each with at least only 1 error in less than half the time. (during my real assessment there was enough time, some might condier googling ...)

Summing up the parts:

Learn the Scrum Guide, draw the flows, paint yout own Scrum-diagram, explain it to others, then you should have at least 90% (i guess).

Finally, 150,- USD is not that much compared to otehr certification, so you should be able to affort a sceond try.

i wish you good luck for the real assessment,

keep on improving,

Michael

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.