Skip to main content

No Test Strategy From Tech Or Business Partners - Project Darwin

Last post 10:45 am March 22, 2018 by Steffan Lush
No replies yet
10:45 am March 22, 2018

Hi There,

Project Darwin has been initiated to build the functionality of a fully interactive customer experience platform that empowers my company to create an exceptional Omni channel experiences, journeys and relationships.

Multiple ‘current state’ systems that are housed in my companies network will be moving over to the new what is known as 'Genesys' system.  My team has been engaged to conduct UAT for this pilot (UK with the potential for other markets if successful).

The issue I have is that we have not received a test strategy from business partners or from any tech colleagues. We have requested this information but no-one is taking ownership. I am looking for information such as when will the test environments be ready, what environment we should be using? What’s in scope, what’s out of scope, what are the quality requirements, objective maintenance etc.

My questions:

1. What would you do in this scenario?

2. Any thoughts on how I can manage key stakeholders expectations?

3. How can I cover my teams back? i.e. if there is no test strategy and halfway through UAT someone asks why something hasn't been tested.... I want to go to key stakeholders and explain exactly why with proof

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Steffan

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.