Skip to main content

Cleared PSPO I on first attempt!

Last post 09:13 pm December 27, 2018 by Meredith Roberts
6 replies
02:23 pm April 11, 2018

Fellow Scrummers,

I cleared the PSPO I certification today (04/11/18), and I had cleared the PSM I certification 2 weeks ago (03/28/18). I plan to take the SPS certification in the next few days/ weeks. If you want advice/ tips on the PSPO I preparation front, let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Keep on scrummin'!

Davender

06:29 am April 12, 2018

Hi Davender Singh,

Congratulations for completing these 2 exams almost continuously.

I am currently preparing for PSM 1. I am in the stage of trying MOCK exams. And I wish to finish the PSPO 1 certification immediately after I complete my PSM 1.

So share your preparation plan and materials you referred for both PSM 1 and PSPO 1.

If possible, please share your email id. I will contact you by email.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Vijay

07:41 am April 12, 2018

Hi Davender Singh,

Congrats!!! I am preparing for PSPO 1 and i cleared PSM-1 last week. whatever material i refer only few differences and questions will be  any specific to Product owner and most of the PSM questions will be repeated. Please share your input on this.

01:05 pm April 12, 2018

HI, VIJAYAKUMAR 

If you want I can write here how I passed PSM 1 and PSPO 1. 

05:04 pm April 12, 2018

Hello all. We hope you are finding our forums helpful in your studies. We do have many resources freely available on our website to help improve your knowledge of Scrum and increase your chances of passing our Professional Scrum assessments for certification.

Please be aware that we are unable to allow individuals to publicly post their email address on our site/Forums. This is entirely for the reasons of being mindful of the privacy and protection of all our users.

Our site receives millions of visits, and we would not wish to be held responsible if your email address landed in the wrong hands, thereby causing you any inconvenience, frustration, or duress. We apologize for the inconvenience, but appreciate your understanding.

11:21 am April 14, 2018

I suggest (applies for both - PSM I and PSPO I):

1. Read the scrum guide as often as you can, and truly try to understand the philosophy

2. Read the blogs/ articles and watch various videos/ webcasts available at scrum.org - excellent content right here

3. If you have the option (and funds) to attend a training class, go for it

4. Read the Scrum: A Pocket Guide (A Smart Travel Companion) book a couple of times, and truly try to understand concepts

5. Take the scrum open assessments as many times as you can, make a note of your shortcomings, and try to relate scrum with situations at your own place - your goal is to not only score 100% consistently but also to understand why answer choices are incorrect vs. correct

6. Take the mikhail lapshin assessments as many times as you can, make a note of your shortcomings, and try to relate scrum with situations at your own place - your goal is to not only score 100% consistently but also to understand why answer choices are incorrect vs. correct

7. Take the real test when you're confident of your learning experience - the actual assessment is NOT difficult BUT definitely not easy (or straight forward) either like the scrum open assessments and mikhail lapshin assessments; the questions will make you think to actually apply scrum guide concepts. 

Good luck! I cleared the SPS too! :)

Davender

04:44 am December 27, 2018

How many open assessments are available online for the Product Owner Certification? So far I have just found one by  Mikhail Lapshin.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.