Skip to main content

Question about the Scrum Master

Last post 01:50 pm May 25, 2018 by Curtis Slough
4 replies
03:50 pm May 24, 2018

Hi all,

I came across a question when practicing for the PSM 1 exam:

Who should decide who will be the Scrum Master for a new Scrum Team?

•  Stakeholders
  •  The Product Owner
  •  The Development Team
  •  The Development Team and the Product Owner

I thought it would be the last option. Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

04:22 pm May 24, 2018

Where did you find that question, and how sure can you be that any of the supplied answers are correct?

For example, the available answers imply that a proposed Scrum Master has no say in whether or not he or she ought to fulfill the role. What do you think about that?

07:00 pm May 24, 2018

Hi Ian,

It was on a site with sample exam questions. A bit confusing ...

I came across some sites where open assessments are offered. Could these sites be trusted or should I stick to scrum.org to practice?

Thanks

John

08:26 pm May 24, 2018

Hi,

I found the question on https://www.thescrummaster.co.uk/professional-scrum-master-i-psm-i-prac…

Is this a reliable source?

Thanks,

John

01:50 pm May 25, 2018

John, No don't trust those. They are not the source that administers the exam, they are likely not as up to date either, plus they give out confusing and incorrect information. 

If you want to use them just as a light study resource, go for it, but I would not base my knowledge or answers off any open assessments except those done through scrum.org. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.