Skip to main content

Multiple Questions

Last post 06:06 pm June 18, 2018 by Karina Alfaro
4 replies
04:36 pm June 18, 2018

In Daily SCRUM, Development Team should meet every day 15min. Now this statements with take several devs working on the same product? I have two devs each one working on separated products. Since they are 1 on each, how the Daily Scrum will be conducted? Meet anyways two of them? 

Second, I have been involved in most of their roadblocks as SM. However, these roadblocks normally block tasks from continuing to reach the Sprint. These roadblocks have mostly to do with accesses (We are working on automation) and we face one rock after other because we rely on client's judgment

SCRUM has to do with an empiric process this gives less chance to junior Developers or Junior SM? If we are starting to work as SCRUM Framework how the empiricism can assist if we have none?

05:15 pm June 18, 2018

Would you say that the rules in the Scrum Guide are being followed in this case, particularly with respect to team size, composition, and the ability of each team to provide "Done" releasable work every Sprint?

05:37 pm June 18, 2018

In Daily SCRUM, Development Team should meet every day 15min. Now this statements with take several devs working on the same product? I have two devs each one working on separated products. Since they are 1 on each, how the Daily Scrum will be conducted? Meet anyways two of them? 

I agree with Ian on this. If you've only got 2 developers and each work on a different product, you don't really have a team;  you have 2 devs working on different products. When you have 2 dev teams, it's best to do the Daily Scrum separate for each team. Otherwise, you're wasting time by having people sit through and listen to stuff that doesn't pertain to them.

Second, I have been involved in most of their roadblocks as SM. However, these roadblocks normally block tasks from continuing to reach the Sprint. These roadblocks have mostly to do with accesses (We are working on automation) and we face one rock after other because we rely on client's judgment

This to me says your PO needs to work closer with your customer to get more detailed information and access before the Dev team begins to work on the items.

SCRUM has to do with an empiric process this gives less chance to junior Developers or Junior SM? If we are starting to work as SCRUM Framework how the empiricism can assist if we have none?

I don't agree that Scrum doesn't have room for junior devs or junior SM's. You have to start somewhere and so long as the goal is to constantly improve and learn, you're incorporating the empirical process; level of competency doesn't matter at that point.

05:39 pm June 18, 2018

Second, I have been involved in most of their roadblocks as SM. However, these roadblocks normally block tasks from continuing to reach the Sprint. These roadblocks have mostly to do with accesses (We are working on automation) and we face one rock after other because we rely on client's judgment. 

Sorry forger question on above. How are the roadblocks managed? US will be back into the Product backlog and as soon as the roadblock is solved Sprint can start?

Also, Sprint cant be longer 4W but can exist multiple Sprints of 2W long? There is not a MAX of Sprints of project correct?

06:06 pm June 18, 2018

Thank you! Clear now.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.