Skip to main content

PSM II preparation

Last post 08:44 am June 25, 2018 by Boon Siang Tay
3 replies
01:19 pm June 22, 2018

I passed my PSM II in first attempt. Below was my preparation strategy.

- Read & understand Scrum Guide. It would recommend to complete PSM I before attempting PSM II

- Read & understand Nexus Guide. Understand how to scale Scrum teams.

- Must Read Books :

Scrum - A Pocket Guide: By Gunther Verheyen

Agile Software Development with Scrum; By Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle

Software in 30 Days: By Ken Schwaber, Jeff Sutherland

- Take Open assessments of  Scrum Open, Product Owner Open, Scrum Developer Open, Nexus Open

- Read and understand Scrum Values. 

- Some of the options are very similar so keep empiricism in mind. 

- Almost all the questions are scenario based so it will be helpful if you have real experience working as a Scrum Master.

- Read forums & blogs available in scrum.org website during your preparation. 

All the best for those who are preparing for PSM II

02:44 am June 24, 2018

Bhanu, thanks so much for the advice and the road map to the PSM II.

06:17 am June 25, 2018

Congratulations Bhanu Pratap! Thanks for the tips for PSM II prep, are there any mock tests apart from the open assessments on Scrum.org

08:44 am June 25, 2018

Agile Software Development with Scrum; By Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle

Software in 30 Days: By Ken Schwaber, Jeff Sutherland

Are the questions heavily biased to software development?  I'm from non-software background.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.