Skip to main content

Moral Support for SPS Assessment

Last post 04:41 pm August 16, 2023 by Suruchi Patki
24 replies
11:19 pm July 17, 2018

Hi everyone.

I just need some reassurance here.  Not sure why I'm getting cold feet.  I passed my PSM and PSPO level 1 assessments in May two weeks apart and now want to take my SPS assessment before moving on to PSM II. 

I pass the open assessment with 100% every time now and am also scoring 100% on M Lapshin's assessment as well as Simon's on scrummaster.co.uk.

I am quite nervous still for some reason.  I purchased the assessment and just need the courage to sit down and do it.

Am I ready??

12:21 am July 18, 2018

I have to say that you are luckier than anyone else who took the assessments before.

If you want to successfully earn the SPS certification, it is recommended that you read this book:  "The Nexux Framework for Scaling Scrum." This book can help you to understand the Nexus more deeply. I wrote a review for this book in Amazon and gave the book a five star rating.

On the other hand, it is recommended that you do not rely too much on mock assessments. It's like technical debt, you don't know your true level of knowledge. When you are faced with higher-order certification, you will be less confident.

Before pressing the Start button, it is recommended that you read the Scrum Guide and Nexus Guide again.

01:01 am July 18, 2018

Am I ready??

What is your goal?

If it is to pass the exam, I cannot advise you, as I haven't yet taken that assessment.

If it is to improve your knowledge, and to inspect and adapt your progress towards a certain level of expertise, then taking the exam, and reviewing your score and the feedback (whether you pass or not), can be incredibly valuable.

01:22 am July 18, 2018

Sorry I should have elaborated.  I have indeed read the Nexus Framework for Scaling Scrum as well as the Nexus Guide. 

01:49 am July 18, 2018

Then go ahead and do it bravely. :)

01:59 am July 18, 2018

Thanks so much!  I am just lacking confidence for some reason.  I need to just go for it :)

03:48 am July 18, 2018

Rebecca - You will be more than fine. Good Luck !

10:01 am July 18, 2018

Rebecca - go for it confidently, you will ace it big time !

01:30 pm July 18, 2018

You are getting really good scores on the open assessment, and it sounds as if you have done some great preparation.  Don't be nervous.  Find a nice peaceful place where you won't be interrupted, and give it you best shot.  Once you get past the first few questions you'll be fine.

The nice part is passing the exam, but regardless think of how much you have learned about scaling. 

All the best!

07:47 pm July 18, 2018

By your own words, you seem to have 'worried' enough on your preparation. No matter what the end result you get, I'm sure this community will help on overcoming any difficulty you might find, likewise congratulating you on your success as demonstrated many other times. Go for It confidently.

09:04 pm July 18, 2018

Yes you can Rebecca !  Don't forget to enjoy the moment.

10:46 pm July 18, 2018

Thanks for the confidence boost everyone!

11:35 am July 24, 2018

Good luck. I had appeared for this exam in November 17, and failed. Could manage only 82, fell a tad short. By that time the book The Nexus Framework for Scaling Scrum was not available.

I have bought this book and preparing now for my second attempt.

Just got for it. You are now motivating me to take the exam at the earliest.

Cheers 

07:59 pm August 5, 2018

Thanks everyone.  I finally got up the courage to do it today and I passed.  Now on to PSM II.

I will say that with each certification the assessments get increasingly difficult.  It is quite a rewarding feeling to accomplish this and because of the effort it takes to achieve these certifications I know that they will be very valuable for my future.

Thanks again.

06:09 am August 6, 2018

That's good news. Congrats.

08:49 am August 6, 2018

Hearty congratulations Rebecca on your achievement.

09:01 am August 6, 2018

Congrats on your achievement ... Will be giving my PSPO I very soon and then will target SPS

02:59 pm March 25, 2019

Hi Rebecca and others,

I have cleared PSM1 last month with 95%. I bought The Nexus Framework for Scaling Scrum and gone through it once. Also, I have gone through Nexus guide 3 times. I have heard about case questions on SPS exam. Can get an example of those? How to study for those questions?  

thanks,

Vikas

04:56 pm March 25, 2019

Hi Vikas,

The forum moderators prevent people from sharing exact questions and answers from the assessments. I'd recommend taking the Nexus Open to help you prepare.

05:12 pm March 25, 2019

Hello Vikas,

Read the Scrum guide very carefully. Simon has also written "Scaled Professional Scrum and Nexus – The Definitive Guide" that I highly recommend.

https://www.thescrummaster.co.uk/scrum/scaled-professional-scrum-the-de…

Try to think of real life application of the framework to reveal the corner cases. For example, if all scrum teams are in the same meeting room during planning, who does the talking?

Finally, practice the open assesment and if you fail a question read the feedback section below. Try and understand why each question is right/wrong

Simon also has a free practice assesment that contains helpful questions:

https://www.thescrummaster.co.uk/scrum/scaled-professional-scrum-sps-pr…

Good luck!

08:02 am March 26, 2019

Thanks for the advice @Vasileios Papadopoulos. I will also read the Simon's blog on Nexus.

09:26 pm May 12, 2020

Passed PSPO I certification on 9MAY2020 with 92.5% in first attempt.  I had passed PSM I few months ago. Lesson learnt - Attempt to take PSPO I certification as soon as possible after passing PSM I as it will be lot easier.

Need help from the forum regarding SPS (Nexus) Certification. I am doing all things mentioned in this forum and elsewhere. I have also ordered the book Nexus Framework for Scaling Scrum. But it is not clear how I can prepare for the case based questions or 50 practices mention in the Training link. Is Training a must to pass the SPS exam?  

Thanks all. 

Sadiq

01:41 pm May 26, 2020

My 1st attempt was not successful, and I couldn't score in specifically to this category questions "Application of Nexus" which is "The questions in this category test your knowledge of applying Nexus to complex situations and large software development efforts."

And the other two categories are excellent in that attempt, which is "Nexus Framework" and "Scaling Fundamentals"

Can someone suggest me some material to improve on the "Application of Nexus" to re-take again?

Thanks in advance

12:08 pm February 3, 2021

My 1st attempt was not successful, and I couldn't score in specifically to this category questions "Application of Nexus" which is "The questions in this category test your knowledge of applying Nexus to complex situations and large software development efforts."

And the other two categories are excellent in that attempt, which is "Nexus Framework" and "Scaling Fundamentals"

Can someone suggest me some material to improve on the "Application of Nexus" to re-take again?

As you attended an SPS course back in May 2020 (16-17) I would have thought that the course would have taught you all you needed to know in regards to how SPS can be applied.  Was that not the case? 

Congratulations on passing the SPS exam by the way.  How did that one compare to your first one?

08:53 pm August 15, 2023

Hi all,

I have made 2 attempts to pass SPS however my score is not going beyond 82.5% I did read some topics from book "The Nexus Framework- For Scaling Scrum" and made it sure that I have a good understanding of Nexus Guide. Every time I got 100% on Nexus Open assessment. I also used Udemy Nexus assessments in which I got more than 95% in each assessment. Not sure where it's going wrong. Feel free to share experience and advise on how to successfully pass SPS. Thanks in advance!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.