Skip to main content

Scrum & Nexus for non-IT Consulting Engagements

Last post 06:31 am August 9, 2018 by Stanislav Antanaytis
2 replies
07:24 am August 8, 2018

Colleagues,

Not sure was it raised as a separate topic on this forum as current forum structure is quite non-transparent.

After going through interesting materials for Nexus and Scrum (especially on PO side as I'm more interested in this branch, at least now) and passing relevant certifications I would like to go further with getting familiar with these frameworks from consulting and non-IT PoV.

I do realize that with proper guidance of experienced Scrum Master and depending on specifics of client - you can manage successful implementation of Scrum & Nexus even in non-IT areas as Scrum & Nexus are frameworks, not a methodology for software development. However, all educational materials (or at least the ones that I've passed by as of now) are focused on cases with software development (and I understand the reason for this).

So my question is: can you please share with me blogs / videos / useful literature that shows implication of Scrum and Nexus based on, for example, Management Reporting Consulting Engagements, which consists of pure methodology (in too many cases we have to deal with 2 separate engagements where methodology comes first and only then Client decides to launch the second RFP for implementation with Oracle/SAP solution) or based on cost-/headcount-cutting engagements? So basically business consulting engagements rather than IT/Software ones.

Regards,

Stanislav

05:34 pm August 8, 2018

Where would agility be found in these engagements?

06:31 am August 9, 2018

Filip,

Many examples:

1. On cost-cutting engagements, which are "success fee"-based - delivery quick-wins with real effect

2. On SAP/Oracle - creating working prototype of future solution to receive feedback from stakeholder.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.