Skip to main content

Last 24 hours at monday ?

Last post 08:27 pm August 8, 2018 by Marcin Nizioł
3 replies
06:48 pm August 8, 2018

Hi

I have a question, which actually is not a problem, rather the philosophical consideration. During daily Scrum we should answer : what I did lats 24 hours ? Of course I know, that it's about period from last daily Scrum. But what Scrum says about Monday daily, if Saturday and Sunday was free time ? And of course, again I know that's about Friday, but what should I say, when someone tells me : Hey, my last 24 hours was a free day ?

Thank you in advace for your help

07:30 pm August 8, 2018

During daily Scrum we should answer : what I did lats 24 hours

No, that would just be an example. There are other ways of conducting a Daily Scrum, such as by walking the board. The Scrum Guide is non-prescriptive about the format.

The intent behind the first of the 3 questions is to reach a team understanding of progress since the last time team members met, whenever that was.

07:59 pm August 8, 2018

Focus on the day. Most people don't work 24 hours a day so just consider it "Yesterday" or for the sake of this argument "Friday" or the last day in the office. It's the same for company holidays that fall in the middle of the week.

08:27 pm August 8, 2018

Ian and Curtis many thanks for your help ! 

As always you knowledge is priceless

thanks

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.