Skip to main content

Review comments(not a defect/bug)/Recommendations can be part of product backlog

Last post 01:18 pm August 23, 2018 by Balakrishna Rao Thota
8 replies
12:16 pm August 22, 2018

Hi Team,

Can you please suggest review comments(not a defect/bug)/recommendations can be part of product backlog.

Regards

Bala

12:37 pm August 22, 2018

Hi,

Stake holder review feedback can be part of product backlog.

Thanks,

Beenish

01:01 pm August 22, 2018

Can you please suggest review comments(not a defect/bug)/recommendations can be part of product backlog.

Do they describe any work which the Product Owner values and which still remains to be done?

02:19 pm August 22, 2018

I may be wrong, but in my opinion everything - from user stories to retrospective action items tasks - can be part of the product backlog.

@Ian - are you saying there has to be value for the PO in order for an item to be listed in the PB? My understanding (and practice) has been quite different

03:47 pm August 22, 2018

are you saying there has to be value for the PO in order for an item to be listed in the PB?

I think that would be a fair comment, in so far as the Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product, and the sole person responsible for managing the Product Backlog.

03:02 am August 23, 2018

Hi Bala,

According to me yes..it can be listed as part of PB to have in concurrence with PO. However the team has to strategies on how the prioritization will be done for the comments or recommendations

09:13 am August 23, 2018

Thanks for providing your views on maximising value on product backlog.

Different question If I have any internal defects during inspection from Dev Team.How the traction will be applied in real time scrum projects to fix the internal defects.

10:17 am August 23, 2018

If I have any internal defects during inspection from Dev Team.How the traction will be applied in real time scrum projects to fix the internal defects.

Do these “internal” defects mean additional work must be performed during the Sprint in order to create a Done increment of release quality? If so, is there any reason for the Development Team not to replan the Sprint Backlog accordingly?

01:18 pm August 23, 2018

It's a rework to get the outcome when you have internal defects.Until outcome does not have internal defects and meet DOD it can't move done increment.However my question is if I have internal defects as a scrum team how would I handle the traction to produce done increment.Any examples will be helpful on some testing defects.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.