Skip to main content

Tipps for a non native speaker PSM I

Last post 06:14 am August 28, 2018 by Lars Devocht
3 replies
12:43 am August 25, 2018

Hi,

I read already a lot of topics like "how to pass PSM I with X%" or "how i passed the examination PSM I" but i can not assess how extensive the exam is. Im not a native english speaker but learnd already a lot about Scrum by myself. My problem is that I can not really judge from when I should dare to the exam and to what extent the exam differs from the Open Assesments.

Here are some Informations about my english skill and my way to learn:

My english skill is not perfect (because i still do a lot off misstakes) but good enough to communicate with other people. I started to learn Scrum with some youtube videos and the guide (maybe 5 times) in my language and in english (6-7 times). The "Open Assesment" for PSM I and PSPO I is easy and i pass it all the time with 100%... But there are all the time the same questions and so its not really a high performance. At the moment i learn wih the Mikhail Lapshin Test and a have normally a high score.

thanks

12:03 am August 28, 2018

I am not a native speaker of English either. I improve my answer speed through a lot of reading. I would particularly like to recommend the book "Scrum:A Pocket guide" by Gunther Verheyen.

This book must be read in addition to the scrum Guide. And like you read Scrum Guide, it's better to look over and over again. Perhaps other books can give you a lot of knowledge and practical advice, but this book will strengthen your core knowledge of scrum.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9087537204

12:11 am August 28, 2018

If you look at what I am replying to, you should know that my English is poor. 

:)

06:14 am August 28, 2018

Hi Ivo,

The Scrum Glossary may come handy.

wkr.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.