Skip to main content

QA's role in Agile/Scrum Epic Deliver

Last post 08:31 pm October 9, 2018 by Komal Chavan
2 replies
11:49 am September 21, 2018

Development team will release new big feature after 30 days, today is day 1 and they did not provide any deliverables yet, please describe what will you do to assure on time delivery with high quality.

My question is to get a thorough explanation of what QA best practices would be in this situation and how can they play their role to ensure a timely and  high quality delivery?

Quick replies are highly appreciated.

07:17 pm September 22, 2018

It looks like you've just copied and pasted a question from an exam.

Why not show a bit of your own work? Perhaps you can tell people what you think, and then others can help you learn, rather than just provide sample answers to pass an exam.

06:25 pm October 6, 2018

If just we have received requirement & it is planned to release that feature after 30 days, so in general instantly next day I won’t get any deliverable from development team. 

So I would start utilizing this time to analyse requirement by reviewing document and mock-ups. I will come up with the queries if any and get it clarified with the internal team/BA/client depending upon query, before starting to write test scenarios/ test cases.  Then I will start writing test scenarios / test cases. Get it peer reviewed (if time permits) then review with BA. This will help to find early defects, before going into deep testing. I will take timely follow up on new changes and updates, till the 1st phase of build not received on staging server for testing.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.