Skip to main content

How your stakeholders get insight of current state of marketplace

Last post 10:20 am October 8, 2018 by Eugene M
4 replies
12:00 pm September 21, 2018

Hi, I took open assesment and thought about interesting sentence

’The PO invites stakeholders to the Sprint Review to learn about how the current state of the marketplace ...’ .

How stakeholders in your organisation gain those information? 

Thank you

06:47 pm September 21, 2018

In Scrum, the product is released incrementally into the marketplace. Stakeholders then have repeated opportunities to determine the state of the product in relation to that market, including current and potential value.

02:17 am September 22, 2018

How stakeholders in your organisation gain those information? 

Marketplace is a general term. The main expression of this sentence is to understand whether the features(output) of the product has market value(outcome).

I think we should first understand who are the stakeholders in your organization.

Product stakeholders include sponsors, users, profit-seekers, and so on.

If this is a product to be sold, then marketing staff, sales staff, distribution partners, alpha tester, etc., are the best candidates for stakeholders.

If the product is used internally, the end users will be the most important stakeholders.

These appropriate stakeholders are very clear about what the current market wants and what kind of functions can satisfy the needs of the market.

01:29 pm October 6, 2018

Thank you @Ching-Pei Li, stakeholders identification is really good start. As I was involved with Scrum in startup environment I found challenging to find a tools to facilitate value maximisation especially if product has not been launched yet or it was in very early stage. So I am curious about real examples how such information are obtained in other organisation. How stakeholders in your examples gains this information ? 

10:20 am October 8, 2018

"How stakeholders in your examples gains this information ?

Jana, if "product has not been launched yet or it was in very early stage" the information is "obtained" by the specific stakeholders through one or more of the below:

• stakeholders' prior expertise (ie from similar past positions)
  • stakeholders' market research - competitor analysis
  • business forecasts
  • prototype/mock ups
  • workshops

If it's in early stages (that is, you've created at least one increment that can be reviewed - and thoroughly tested, but not necessarily in production), even better because direct product feedback can be directed to the product owner, who, in turn, would analyse themselves and see  how to best order/update the backlog.

Does this help?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.