Skip to main content

Cross Functional,self organizing team

Last post 12:54 pm April 17, 2019 by Meghana Pathak
5 replies
09:11 am October 17, 2018

Hello All,

I appeared for PSM1 and missed to pass by one point. The feedback email states  that cross functional and self organizing is the area where I scored the least. All other three section I did very well. Please guide specifically to this area so that I can improve my knowledge here and retake the test and pass it. 

Regards,

Meghana

05:52 am October 19, 2018

Hi Meghana,

sorry that you did not pass the test. Take your time to prepare for the second try.

Which of the blogs, books etc. did you already worked your way thorugh provided on the suggested reading page? https://www.scrum.org/resources/suggested-reading-professional-scrum-master

If you read those trough I would recommend to take a closer look at the values once again and the main principals of scrum. Self-organization and cross functionality is more or less the core/heart of scrum. So it is heart to guide especially to one distinct article, cause this area is affected by every detail of scrum and the other way around.

Best regards,

Marc

04:14 pm October 19, 2018

One thing that helped me was to learn the concept of cross functional, high performing teams completely independent of Scrum.  Those concepts have existed for a very long time and are not specific to agile or Scrum. In fact they were adopted by agile practitioners because it supports the concepts of agility in software development.

Hit your favorite search engine and google the terms.  Read some of the results that are outside of agile. I got a lot of information from articles written by Human Resource professionals. And don't focus on the newest articles.  Sometimes the old ones are better because they aren't clouded by current thinking.  

Once you can understand the concept, then look at how that applies to agile principles.  It will not only help you pass the certification exam but it will make you a much better Scrum Master.

10:31 am April 12, 2019

Thank You All for your Guidance. I passed PSM1 Certification with 92.5 %. 

Regards,

Meghana

06:30 am April 16, 2019

Congratulations Meghana.

PSM certification is in a way not so easy to crack and that's what doubles the joy of passing it apart from the joy of understanding scrum in better way.

Welcome to PSM club.

12:54 pm April 17, 2019

Thanks Vishal. Yes the Joy and the satisfaction I got when I cleared the exam cannot be worded . It was an amazing feeling!!!!!!!!!!

I am simply loving scrum . Its so near to real life . Now my next aim is to understand Nexus Scrum and then subsequently appear for a certification. Would be requesting guidance from all.

Regards,

Meghana

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.