Skip to main content

Looking for advice in Scrum

Last post 10:39 pm February 11, 2019 by Daniel Wilhite
2 replies
09:31 pm February 9, 2019

Greetings! 

First of all thanks for creating such a great forum place for all Scrum enthusiasts.

I am working in IT school as a sales representative and we are planning to make intense training model for IT project management & Scrum. Our main audience: junior level people or people who has small experience in IT field.

We already have a lot of potential candidates who was interested to teach people these specifics. So can you people share me some advice and questions what I can ask for potential candidates (teachers) ? :) 

Second part: 

I will use this moment to ask a few questions about Scrum so I can feel a little bit more confident with knowledge.

1. In successful Agile practice Retrospective is the most important in Scrum process. Some people even say - you can fail everyone else if you run well in retrospects. Can you explain why?

2. Imagine that you started a project and everything is nice! You run a Retrospective with your Dev team, but they sometimes they are shy to answer - only with "yes/no...", but you wanna get more valuable feedback. What would you do to get good responses in this case?
  3. I heard some people freaks out hearing that people call Scrum processes as "ceremonies". How would you explain it from a rational point of view?

Thank you everyone for Your time in responding. I would like to put some heat in discussions, hehe. 

Good luck with all project and I am looking forward!

Rudy

09:53 pm February 11, 2019

Hi Rudy,

Welcome to the forum!

One of the Scrum Values is focus. I think you would get much better help if you were to post your questions one at a time, on separate threads. This also allows the community to dive deeply into the substance of what you're asking, rather than just provide superficial answers.

It's very hard for me to know where to begin answering the various things you've asked, and I personally wouldn't want to put a lot of time into replying to a post that could easily branch off in 4 or 5 directions at the same time.

10:39 pm February 11, 2019

@Simon is right.  I read your original post 3 times and could not think of a way to answer it without typing a novel. And I am known for my long winded answers.  :)  

I will also suggest that you search through the forums and blogs here.  Some of the questions you asked have been discussed many times in the forums and blogs.  You may be able to find your own answers.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.