Skip to main content

How difficult is PAL after passing PSM1, PSPO1 and SPS?

Last post 09:05 am April 22, 2019 by Vikas Mehrotra
5 replies
07:57 am February 23, 2019

Yesterday i pass for my SPS assesment and i had passed PSM1 and PSPO1 already. Passing the SPS assesment was easier then i thought. After this certifications, how big is the difference with PAL? Is that assesment difficult?

07:39 am February 26, 2019

I have PSM1 and PSPO1, and work in a dev team, and couple days back took PAL1. Just failed with 30 out of 36. My takeaway was there are some areas of questioning which are hard to find specific text on. Right now I'm trying to find answers/guidance on agile leadership stuff which I was unsure on and for long term learning, yet these seemingly not easy to come by, maybe in the books which are on order.

11:18 pm March 2, 2019

I have my PSM1

Just took the PAL1 exam after studying for about 7 weeks on the material recommended here in Scrum.Org

Got 79.2%

Need 85% to become certified

Can anyone recommend what to study to improve our chances to pass?

05:58 am April 19, 2019

Hello All ,

i took exam and passed in my first attempt.

i have written a post on my experience and knowledge sharing on this. Please  check my post if this helps 

https://www.scrum.org/index.php/forum/scrum-forum/30029/pal-exam-my-thoughts-and-knowledge-sharing

04:37 pm April 19, 2019

I took the PAL and passed my first time also. I was actually surprised that I did given I did no prep. Was taking it to see what the certification was focused on.  The thing that helped me was to stop thinking like a Scrum Master and approach everything from the point of view of a manager based on the knowledge I have of Scrum and Agile.  That is essence the premise of the exam.  Scrum does not define a management role but in reality we all know they exist. 

Again, use your agile, Scrum, empirical knowledge and view it as someone that manages people in teams that use those principles. 

09:05 am April 22, 2019

@Jan van Rijswijk - congratulations on your pass. All the best for PAL.

Please share your strategy to pass SPS after PSM1. How important is to pass PSPO1? 

Can you please share examples and guidelines how to prep for SPS.

thanks,

V.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.