Skip to main content

preparing for PSM I and PSPO I at the same time

Last post 05:11 pm May 6, 2019 by Dmitrii Chekh
2 replies
11:38 am May 5, 2019

Hey guys. I am planing to take both PSM1 and PSPO1 eams. I was wondering if it's better to prepare for both exams at the same time or to prepare for one exam at a time. Any ideas?

03:07 pm May 6, 2019

I would recommend preparing for one at a time.

I see the PSM I as a Scrum fundamentals exam. It's mostly about understanding the Scrum Guide and its underlying principles from Agile Software Development. I see the PSPO I and PSM II as options for after the PSM I. If you're looking for focus on product management and the Product Owner role, the PSPO I (and probably eventually the PSPO II) is probably going to be more beneficial for assessing and demonstrating your understanding. If you're going down a Scrum Master or similar facilitation and coaching role, I would recommend both the PSM II and PSPO I as follow on exams.

04:52 pm May 6, 2019

Thx, Owens.

I am mainly interested in PSPO I at the moment, but i would like to pass PSM I a bit later. Would it also work this way?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.