Skip to main content

Scrum Mentors and Scrum Internships

Last post 08:39 pm February 26, 2024 by hiba noubani
70 replies
01:46 pm September 23, 2019

Hi everyone.

Just saw another post today, about how does someone get the experience to become a scrum master. Well instead of talking about it until the cows come home let us see if we can do something about it.

My idea: We create a listing of Scrum Masters who are willing (and organisations of course), to take on unpaid (or paid if able!!) interns on a one month or even longer time period to see how Scrum/agile works in practice and not just in theory. 

This would also mean that organisations would have access to possibly great talent at no cost?

What is everyone's views? Is this achievable?

Thanks, 

Stephen

05:15 pm August 27, 2021

Hi,

I am from Toronto looking for Internship as Scrum master.

I worked as a  QA Analyst for few years and would like to change my career as a Scrum master. I did my CSM certification and searching for opportunities for a while. I am also facing the same difficulties as you guys. 

If anyone found a way through this please help me out.

Thanks !!!!

08:18 pm October 16, 2021

Hello,

It looks as though this forum may not be used too frequently anymore but if anyone has any good information for just starting out with a Scrum Master career path please share! I was looking around for resources for internships or other experience and I haven't found too much so far.

01:59 pm November 15, 2021

Hello, I am switching careers and I hold a few Scrum Master certifications. I have been doing a lot of research and studying. But I know without any experience it’s not going to be easy. Can someone please give me a hint on how to get a volunteer or an Internship as a Scrum Master? I will welcome all suggestions.

thank you 

11:43 pm December 30, 2021

I'm looking for a mentor and scrum master internship positions!

12:48 pm January 18, 2022

Hi 

i am  looking  for an internship/volunteer  in Scrum master  OR a  Mentor who is willing to guide me.

i am willing to work for free just to get an experience.

05:49 pm January 30, 2022

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a scrum master internship/entry level remotely if possible.

Currently I am a scrum master certified (DASM certificate with PMI), I need to get some valuable experiences in this field. I am highly motivated to start such career and share my skills to improve team's way of working using scrum methodology.

I will appreciate any kind of help and support to get such opportunity.

Thank you,

10:00 pm April 4, 2022

Hi Stephen,

I am in a similar situation as others. Recently I completed SAFe Scrum master training and have the certificate. I am looking for opportunities to shadow a Scrum master. Previously I worked as Office / Operations Manager, looking for a career change, any suggestions will be helpful.

Thank you,

Sri

02:07 pm September 29, 2022

Hello,

I just passed my PSM1 and would really love to get undated it any internship or volunteer or opportunity comes up. I believe a mentoring session with help please. Thank you 

02:10 pm September 29, 2022

Hello, I am also interested in the internship or volunteer opportunity if any comes up. I am in UK (North East). Passed PSM1 a few months ago. From HR/ business support area.

Thank you.

Kemi

06:46 pm November 2, 2022

Hello all. I am also looking for mentors and an unpaid internship and/or remote shadowing. This is a great idea as people can help each other by paying it forward when given an opportunity.

I have also joined forums etc but seem overwhelmed during discussions with still no practical experience.

Any pointers, will be greatly appreciated.

02:52 pm November 3, 2022

Stephen, I love the idea and not just for Scrum, but anything. Some have a fear that they will spend a lot of time and effort to only not get a job or only get an entry level offer after working for free. Myself, after I finish the PSM cert I'll be looking for a Scrum job. I have a considerable engineering and management experience but I'll be new to Scrum specifically. As part of my search, if the company and position look good and I do not get an offer, I may "put my money where my mouth is" and offer to give them a test run without charging. It would require a clear "Definition of Done" to empirically evaluate my performance, but I don't mind taking a risk if the reward looks promising. Good luck with your idea!

01:06 pm February 8, 2023

While searching for where to garner a scum master experience, I stumbled on this page.

@Stephen, can you revisit this idea, it will give people like me an opportunity to have a good start. I passed my PSM1 exam few months ago, i will be happy to find a mentortorship program or an organisation where I can intern.

05:12 pm February 13, 2023

Please I need help to practice as a Trainee or Intern Scrum Master. How can you help me? 

02:10 pm February 15, 2023

Hi All,

I earned my PSM-I in 2019 but never worked as a scrum master. I have just floated an IT consulting company with focus on IT projects. before embarking the journey, i will need the acquire employable and appealing experience as a Scrum Master.

I will be glad if anyone can avail me internship opportunity (remotely) - i am not keen on remuneration now. All i want is to be an experienced Scrum Master.

Regards

08:59 pm February 18, 2023

Hi everyone,

I passed my PSM 1 and i am looking for internship or mentorship to garner some field experience as a Scrum master.

I will be glad if anyone can help in this regard. Thanks

11:26 am March 21, 2023

Hello everyone,

I just passed my PSM 1 exam with 95%, first attempt. I am looking for internship/mentorship opportunities as a Scrum Master in order to gain practical experience before I proceed to take the PSM  II exam. I am willing to intern without pay for 6 months. Please, kindly reach out if you have any such opportunity for me. 

Thank you.

01:45 am April 18, 2023

@Fausat Kemi Lawal- Aghedo.

Hello there! Recently got certified and in the north east too. Just wondered how you got on and if you might be willing to have a chat about this?

02:02 am May 17, 2023

Thanks Stephen Sykes for this thread.  I will follow along, to see if it ever gains any traction with Scrum Masters who will be a support to newly minted CSM's.

10:37 am November 21, 2023

Hi Scrumies! Am I allowed to say that? 

I hope you are all doing well.

Thank you, Stephen Sykes for starting this topic, which is also of my interest.

I don't want to bore you all, with my background, and will not use this forum post as an individual opportunity to sell myself. However, I have been seeking out the opportunity as well to get first-hand experience. 

I have been considering to applying for jobs in project management and even HR jobs to implement Scrum whenever I can. 

So if anyone in the European time zone would like to connect (I'm in Berlin, Germany) please reach out. 

I am also participating in "the Scrum Master of the Universe" Meet-up and starting to seek out more Meetups. 

02:57 am February 25, 2024

Hi! I just got certified as a CSM and CSPO, I have no hands on experience as a Scrum Master though and finding it very difficult to land my first job to gain that experience. Are these opportunities for experience still available? @Stephen Sykes

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.