Skip to main content

I want to learn product ownership

Last post 08:45 pm October 2, 2019 by Adam Young
1 reply
06:06 pm October 2, 2019

Hi everybody! 

I've been working in QA for about 5 years, been leading my own team for the last two. My company will not hear about agile, although me and a few others have been trying to push some small changes here and there.

In any case, for some time I've been wanting to get into product and with my interest in agile, product ownership is something I would really like to explore. I wonder if you guys could point me to some resources where I could get some practical knowledge? Not the scrum guide or mock tests to pass certifications, but things like:

• tools you use to manage your work
  • day to day techniques or strategies
  • basically anything you've learned you'd like to share about product ownership, even if you yourself are not a po

Thanks

Julio

08:31 pm October 2, 2019
  • Scrum isn't always the best solution for an organization
  • Make every reasonable effort to split product backlog items into smaller pieces
  • Learn to say "not right now"
  • Make your sprints long enough to get value out of each sprint
  • Read any free materials you can find from Mike Cohn

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.