Skip to main content

Another question regarding PAL I certification

Last post 05:43 am July 13, 2023 by Suruchi Patki
4 replies
02:31 pm November 6, 2019

Im sure this has been asked a couple of times, but theres so much information that i would like to get recent feedback on how should i proceed to study for the PAL I.

Last year i passed the PSM I and the PSPO I, and this year i decided to pursue the PSM II but my organization is going tru changes where my current role of scrum master (for the past 2 years) will change a bit more to of an agile coach, therefore i decided to pursue instead the PAL certification.

I went back to the basics and started reading again the Scrum guide, and the agile manifesto. Also did the assessments (SM, PO, and the one from Agile Mercurial) and im passing em with 100% a couple of times (because i already know the answers) but still wrote down all the explanations and ive been reading em to understand the question and not only get the answer right.

I started on the Agile Leadership learning path (and boy, some of those blogs opened my eyes and my mind), which i intend to complete, and also the "Suggested Reading for Professional Agile Leadership". Due to time constrain im planning to do the articles, blogs and videos, but since i want to do it before this month ends, i dont think ill have time to read any books.

Do you guys think i should with these preparation is enough to take the exam or do you recommend me including something else, are any books that are a must for taking this certification?

All your feedback will be greatly appreaciated

Juan

06:05 pm February 11, 2020

Hi Juanhttps://www.scrum.org/user/368662!

I have the same questions. I looked your profile and you still don't have the PAL-I certification. Did you take the assesment?

Farewell!

01:56 pm February 12, 2020

It really depends per person. Maybe you have very specific experience in the field, maybe you have high or low knowledge retention, so it is really hard to say anything about it at this point. I'd say try the exam and see what happens. If you don't pass the exam, you'll learn something. If you do pass the exam, YAY!:)

06:39 pm February 12, 2020

Hi Juan,

As a PAL I certificate holder,  I suggest you to take open assessment. Also read the EBM guide and scrum guide. These two guides are enough and focus on 3 roles:PO,SM and dev team

09:22 pm July 12, 2023

Hello, I am planning to take PAL-I in near future. Can someone provide prep steps as I don't want to invest time and money in formal course. Just to provide a background, I recently passed PSM II, PSPO I and PSPO II.

As for PAL-I, there is no specific article that we can consider as standard, I am looking for this advise at broader level.

Any feedback, guidance in regards to this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.