Skip to main content

Nexus - All individual Scrum Teams meet with stakeholders

Last post 05:38 pm November 25, 2019 by Curtis Slough
3 replies
06:26 am November 25, 2019

Hello everyone, I have a question on the Nexus Guide in which it says for the Nexus Sprint Review, 

• All individual Scrum Teams meet with stakeholders

Yet in a later part of the Nexus Sprint Review it says:

• A Nexus Sprint Review replaces individual Scrum Team Sprint Reviews, because the entire Integrated Increment is the focus for capturing feedback from stakeholders. It may not be possible to show all completed work in detail. Techniques may be necessary to maximize stakeholder feedback

So my question is how would a review be handled if, all teams meet with stakeholders, yet, the individual scrum team reviews are replaced by the Nexus Sprint Review

Thanks

03:54 pm November 25, 2019

Please consider this statement from the first part of Nexus Sprint Review section from Nexus guide,

The Nexus Sprint Review is held at the end of the Sprint to provide feedback on the Integrated Increment that the Nexus has built over the Sprint and to adapt the Product Backlog if needed.

Also, consider this statement once again

All individual Scrum Teams meet with stakeholders to review the Integrated Increment. 

I understand it is somewhat confusing. Does this mean "All individual Scrum Teams meet with stakeholders to review the Integrated Increment" one by one? I hope not. Or does it mean individual teams meet with stakeholders to review the integrated increment in a common meeting?

Which one would be better for receiving feedback on the integrated increment?  

What is the point of meeting between stakeholders and an individual team when the increment is an integrated increment?

I hope that addresses your question. 

04:13 pm November 25, 2019

So my question is how would a review be handled if, all teams meet with stakeholders, yet, the individual scrum team reviews are replaced by the Nexus Sprint Review

What problems or difficulties do you foresee arising?

05:38 pm November 25, 2019

I'm not really sure I understand your concern. In Nexus, all teams work towards a single integrated increment. Since that is the case, there is no need for individual scrum team Reviews. As with traditional scrum team reviews, this meeting is the Product Owner's show, so to speak. The PO would be the primary voice from the teams to the stakeholders and getting feedback. Nexus follows this, the PO (along with SM as needed) facilitates the review and reviews the work the teams completed over the sprint and asks for feedback from stakeholders. Scrum teams in the Nexus participate so they can hear the feedback directly as well as being available for any questions that may come up from the PO or Stakeholders. 

The statements that you quoted may seem contradictory but in reality it is just saying that there will not be individual reviews for each team, instead a single review that includes all teams in the nexus.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.