Skip to main content

Better tools for project management

Last post 04:24 pm February 2, 2020 by asif ali
5 replies
12:50 am December 5, 2019

I look for tools can help people project management better and scrum tools. 

What is better?

- Trello

- Arsana

- Jira

- Monday

- Erise.app

04:22 am December 5, 2019

I cannot say it is better but Atlassian JIRA is one of the commonly used in companies.

07:36 am December 5, 2019

The tool that fits the needs of the team, and secondary the organization is the best choice.

That can be any ;)

Jira is indeed a very widely used tool, although Trello seems to be on the rise as well

05:53 pm December 5, 2019

You left out 3M Post-it notes and Sharpies.  How about a big whiteboard mounted on the wall near the team's location( if they are co-located)?  

As @Xander Ladage mentions, pick what is best for the team that provides the transparency that the organization needs. Part of the reason that there are so many tools available is because there are so many different needs. I have personally used 3 of the apps on your list with different teams. The other 2 on your list were evaluated and found not to be a fit. And there have been many others used in various degrees.  

01:55 am December 6, 2019

Will the tools make the team more productive or help them build the best product for the customer? 

When I'm not pressured to use a tool (because the client made a large investment into licenses) I use whiteboards, super-sticky post-its and Excel Online.

Tools don't make Scrum.

01:55 pm February 1, 2020

ZenTao is one of my favorite project managers. I use this to manage an event and it helped me to do it very efficiently. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.