Skip to main content

Seeking help for conducting retrospectives

Last post 08:26 pm December 7, 2019 by Tim Lavrysen
4 replies
12:25 pm December 6, 2019

Hi Everyone, 

I have an idea of conducting a sprint retro by showing some video clips and asking the team to think about it. I want to gather data and insights inspired by some movie clips etc. 

Any suggestions / any ideas of which movie clips can I use in my retrospective. Team members really dont speak much, so the idea is to make them feel comfortable with some movie clips and see what they think of them and probably draw some inspiration to apply in the current sprint. 

Thank you

Sam

04:48 pm December 6, 2019

There's a good clip in the movie 'Drumline' that focuses on the importance of 'one band one sound' that I think can apply well to the importance of teamwork and how looking out for more than just yourself can impact the success of the band or in the case of software development, the product. 

04:34 am December 7, 2019

If the Development Team members aren't comfortable with public speaking, ask them to submit their feedback through an anonymous survey.

04:54 am December 7, 2019

I want to gather data and insights

Why not do that throughout the Sprint?

08:26 pm December 7, 2019

Are you having warm-ups or energizers?

Energizers can do wonders, you can get some ideas here (and don't be scared to get them uncomfortable).

You could have them standup more during the retrospective, or try to work in small groups to gather the issues and mix the groups up.

What have you tried already during Retrospectives?

How does the team collaborate during the Sprint?

Any other issues you know of that you could help bring up during Retrospective?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.