Skip to main content

I DID IT!!!! What's Next?

Last post 04:47 pm January 7, 2020 by Eric Naiburg
6 replies
03:23 pm December 27, 2019

Hi All,

I would like to thank you all in this forum. I failed the first time with a 73%. I studied for like a week and thought I was ready, but the test quickly proved for me, "That was a lie." :) So I took a few more weeks and really dug into the material. I read all the forum topics and advice and it proved to be a huge help. So thank you to all who provided their expertise here. My next question, what would be the next steps? Should I hold off on preparing for PSMII or dig in while the information is fresh in my mind? Is there a real plan to prepare for the test? Reading materials, Practice test, or should I get more hands on practice before moving forward?

Thank you,

Ebony Ramey

07:46 pm December 27, 2019

Congrats! I'm assuming you're talking about the PSM1? I would suggest getting more hands on practice, as well as earning your PSPO1 before going with the PSM2.

12:58 pm December 30, 2019

Awesome. Thank you for your reply. I will look into the PSP01. I would like to keep going while Im into it and learn as much as I can. 

06:38 pm January 6, 2020

Congrats Ebony ... I would suggest you do PSPO I first then pursue PSM II ...  Cheers 

11:05 pm January 6, 2020

Any study for Scrum.org certification is useful preparation for PSM II, and validating that with an exam can really help.

But it's important to be aware that there's a significant difference in difficulty between PSM I / PSPO I, which are both considered Intermediate, and PSM II, which is considered Advanced.

08:12 am January 7, 2020

Congratulations Ebony.

If you have time & budget, I recommend that you attend in-person training classes. There are two main advantages I feel; one is that you are exposed to best practices followed and issues faced by other organizations. The other benefit is you get two shots at the exam.

04:47 pm January 7, 2020

To add to what @KT wrote, the classes are all experiential so you learn while doing and from the experience of the Professional Scrum Trainer.  The classes are heavy on activities and doing.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.