Skip to main content

Test question discussion: Task = Outcome of Sprint Planning

Last post 08:46 am January 22, 2020 by Carolyn Molski
8 replies
02:10 pm January 20, 2020

Scrum test question discussion: Which of the following are outputs of Sprint Planning?

I am preparing for the PSPO-I exam, in my preparing-course I missed this question:

=================

Question:

Which of the following are outputs of Sprint Planning? (Choose multiple answers)

------------------------------

Answers:

A) Product Backlog estimates

B) Tasks

C) Product Backlog order

D) Sprint Goal

E) Items selected from the Product Backlog

F) Resource assignments

=================

We discussed the possible answers in our course.

When I was preparing for the PSM-I exam, our teacher tought us, that the Outputs (Outcomes) are the Sprint Goal and the Sprint Planning.

So, in my opinion the right answers should be Sprint Goal and Items selected from the Product Backlog.

In the PSPO-I course we've been tought by the teacher, that tasks are also an outcome of the Sprint Planning.

=> I think that's not right, because it could be possible that we had no chance to formulate tasks or they will be formulated later in the Sprint or maybe we don't have "Tasks". And the Scrum Guide doesn't say anything about Tasks. (It could be an Item but it's not a must like Epics or User Stories - everything is possible.)

Could you please help me? What are the right answers?

03:25 pm January 20, 2020

Is this a question from the Scrum.org open assessment? 

07:18 pm January 20, 2020

In the PSPO-I course we've been tought by the teacher, that tasks are also an outcome of the Sprint Planning.

What was the teacher’s reasoning? What explanation did he or she give?

07:51 am January 21, 2020

@Tony: I don't think so. I made the Assessment a few times but there wasn't this question. But our teacher says it could be a question at the certification-test.

@His explanation is that Tasks are an possible outcome and they will be formulated in the sprint planning.

08:26 am January 21, 2020

It could be an Item but it's not a must like Epics or User Stories - everything is possible

Exactly. A PBI could be anything, an Epic, a US, a task, a feature. All PBIs. You know the answer to this:)

The term resources in the sense of people gives me the creeps. Like people are movable, dispensable objects like a chair or something. Ugh. 

08:46 am January 21, 2020

@Sander: But in this case A) estimates and F) resource assignments could be also outcomes of a Sprint Planning. Because it could be anything?

03:12 pm January 21, 2020

What does the Scrum Guide say?:)

08:42 am January 22, 2020

@Sander: I would say "items selected from the Product Backlog" and the "Scrum Goal"

(for me: items include all possibilities)

Because it could be possible that we had no chance to formulate tasks or they will be formulated later in the Sprint or maybe we don't have "Tasks", just US or Epics.

08:46 am January 22, 2020

AND the Scrum Guide does not have the word TASK in it ;-)

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.