Skip to main content

Hi, I have done PSM I an year ago, now should I focus on PSPO I or PSM II ?

Last post 12:06 pm February 10, 2020 by Laurent VIDAL
2 replies
10:26 am February 9, 2020

Currently I am working as a Scrum Master, what certification I should earn now which will help me in my career path?

12:42 pm February 9, 2020

Hi,

Actually PO and SM roles are different. But I believe a good SM has to help PO and know responsibility of the PO. So I suggest to take PO I exam before PSM II.

Thanks

12:06 pm February 10, 2020

I think that it is your way of wanting to color your path as Scrum Master.

Some prefer to only follow SM1 and SM2. The question is which part do you think you need to improve.

If you have a strong background in business, maybe PSPO I is not needed. If you have more a background in management and have experience in managing in agile, maybe PAL I is not needed ...

What do you think you lack and what do you want to study ?

For myself, as I have exprience in developpement, the business was a thing that I wanted to learn more about, therefore I tried PSPO I. Then wanting to see other models instead of control management I studied for PAL...

Think about what you want really and what you think you lack or even what you want to inspect your knowledge about so that you can adapt.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.