Who decides on the agile framework for a team and what things needs to be considered while making this decision?

Last post 04:26 am March 4, 2020
by Ian Mitchell
3 replies
Author

- Who decides on while agile frameworks works best for a team? Is it Development team / Portfolio Manager / Management / Scrum Coach? who? IMO: its the decision of a Development team as they are the one's doing the delivery.  

Some of the factors that I consider during these meetings are: 

- duration of the work/project

- Relatively low complexity (technical, resource requirements, etc.) 

- Risk

- Resources (eg:  Cross functional / Self-Organized / Cross Trained)

- CI/ CD

Please let me know on what other things would you consider in deciding the framework? 

01:45 am March 4, 2020

Why would you want to "decide on" a methodology, rather than evolve one?

If you're in an existing organization, you most likely have a set of practices and techniques that have worked on previous products or projects. If you're in a new organization, you may have past experiences or be a very small team that doesn't fit into a mold of any of the well-defined processes. Why would you not start with where you are now and evolve, using frameworks and good practices as a guide for experimenting?

04:13 am March 4, 2020

Many large organizations have created business units called "Center of Excellence." The head of this unit is the one who normally makes a decision on the specific agile framework to be implemented. 

04:26 am March 4, 2020

Please let me know on what other things would you consider in deciding the framework? 

Perhapa the importance of evidence ought to be considered somewhere.