Is Product Owner participating as a member of Scrum Team in Nexus?
According to Scrum Guide™ “The Scrum Team consists of a Product Owner, the Development Team, and a Scrum Master. Scrum Teams are self-organizing and cross-functional.”
According Nexus™ Guide:
- Nexus is a framework for developing and sustaining scaled product and software delivery initiatives. It uses Scrum as its building block.
- A Nexus consists of a Nexus Integration Team and approximately three to nine Scrum Teams.
- The Nexus Integration Team consists of:
- The Product Owner
- A Scrum Master
- One or more Nexus Integration Team Members
- A Nexus works off a single Product Backlog, and as described in the Scrum framework, a Product Backlog has a single Product Owner who has the final say on its contents.
I am little bit confused about the Scrum Teams in Nexus in which there are no Product Owner, because the Product owner in include in a Nexus Integration Team. Is it necessary to describe this difference in Nexus Guide? OR may be change the name of the Scrum Team in Nexus as “Nexus Scrum Team”!!!
What is your view?
I am little bit confused about the Scrum Teams in Nexus in which there are no Product Owner, because the Product owner in include in a Nexus Integration Team.
Why do you think that stops the Product Owner from also being a member of the respective Scrum Teams?