Skip to main content

Reducing resources

Last post 07:20 am April 20, 2020 by Ian Mitchell
6 replies
05:02 pm April 16, 2020

Hello, how are you?

I would like to know if anyone has any Scrum case that a company has managed to reduce resources or money using Scrum.

Tks.

11:33 pm April 16, 2020

Hi Amanna - If you are referring to a reduction in people, we should think of them as people, not resources. I'm not picking on you, it is common to call people resources, but no one likes to be thought of like that. Just trying to give some friendly advice if that is what you meant . : )

I don't know of any direct cases where Scrum has lead to a reduction in people, as that is not the main reason for Scrum. The true value of Scrum is bringing value to your customers and revenue to your company, and providing your company with a competitive advantage to respond to change in the digital age.

All the best,

Chris

07:42 am April 17, 2020

Yes with my previous teams we were able to reduce money and resources drastically by eliminating unneeded overhead / management and empowering teams to take responsibility for the end-to-end solutions being developed.

04:00 pm April 17, 2020

I've seen things go that way and even adding more people.  It all depends on the company and their goals.  Scrum isn't intended to save money or require fewer people.  It is intended to help deliver incremental improvements for complex problems.  The value that is delivered increases but the cost does not necessarily go down.

08:21 pm April 17, 2020

Agree with all previous points.

There is a common saying in Agile/Scrum.   It isn't about building stuff quicker or easier, although that is certainly a possibility.   It is all about ensuring that you are building the right thing.

04:45 pm April 19, 2020

Hello, how are you?

Thank you everyone for help me.

07:20 am April 20, 2020

I would like to know if anyone has any Scrum case that a company has managed to reduce resources or money using Scrum.

Yes, but they are poor ones. The best case studies maximize value.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.