Skip to main content

How to suggest changes to the scrum guide while UserVoice is readonly?

Last post 03:03 pm April 23, 2020 by Ratnakumar Umavenkata Lekkala
3 replies
10:08 am April 21, 2020

> User Voice is read-only while new Scrum Guide is under development

See https://scrumguide.uservoice.com/

How can I suggest changes nevertheless?

I think this readonly feedback status is a bit strange.

03:43 pm April 21, 2020

Hello Thomas, as Ken and Jeff have written on the User Voice page, they are currently working through the current feedback to produce a new release.  So feedback on the current version would likely no longer be valid once the current release is made available and distract them from the current work that they are doing, hence they have currently closed the User Voice and will reopen it again once there is a new version to provide feedback on rather than having your feedback not be related to the version.

I hope this helps and feel free to email support@scrum.org if you have a specific suggestion and we can pass it on.

01:18 pm April 22, 2020

Can you laugh about yourself?

This is waterfall. 100% waterfall.

Do you/they do what they preach?

-------------------------

Now back to topic:

I am missing a "Definition of Ready" part. There is already a "Definition of Done" part, but none for DoR.

03:03 pm April 23, 2020

Hi Thomas Güttler

I understand where you are coming from. And to your point the team can work on current work while the current integrated increment is being released. But it is also true that the team and Product owner may not pull,  into the current sprint backlog, any functionality that will directly or indirectly induce changes to the current version being released. I would like you to consider the current situation the same way.  But I believe they will be opening it once the current updates are released. 

Now about the definition of ready.

In Scrum Guide, under Product Backlog you will find the following phrase. 

"Product Backlog items that can be "Done" by the Development Team within one Sprint are deemed "Ready" for selection in a Sprint Planning. Product Backlog items usually acquire this degree of transparency through the above described refining activities." - Scrum Guide

Please read about the Product Backlog and PBR (Product backlog refinement) to understand what "ready " means in the context of a PBI being ready to be considered into the next Sprint Planning meeting. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.