Skip to main content

Responsible for creation of DONE

Last post 04:51 pm May 17, 2020 by Eric Naiburg
1 reply
08:44 am May 17, 2020

Good Morning from Spain.

I am preparing for the Scrum certification exam and I have some doubts about to inconsistencies between test questions I am asking,

1. To the question, who is responsible for the definition of DONE?

in some exams I am reading by the Scrum Team and in others only by the Development team, which is the correct one?

2. To the question in that two meetings in which people outside the Scrum Team are allowed to participate,

in some cases only read in Sprint Review and in other also in sprint planning.

Can you help me?

Thank you

04:51 pm May 17, 2020
  1. Please read this section of the Scrum Guide: https://www.scrumguides.org/scrum-guide.html#artifact-transparency-done
  2. Most often the event where people external to the Scrum Team are involved is Sprint Review. That said, as part the Scrum Guide about Sprint Planning "The Product Owner can help to clarify the selected Product Backlog items and make trade-offs. If the Development Team determines it has too much or too little work, it may renegotiate the selected Product Backlog items with the Product Owner. The Development Team may also invite other people to attend to provide technical or domain advice."

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.