Skip to main content

Looking for a book

Last post 08:16 pm August 4, 2020 by Pier-Luc Boucher
3 replies
05:49 am July 19, 2020

It has been several years since I read a book about a fictional implementation of Agile / Scrum in in organization. 

I would like a new organization I work to read this as it presents a lot of pitfalls.

However, I have no clue to the title, writer etc of the book.

But wait! I do know (part of) the story.

• Someone without any experience is promoted to department manager and tries to get things up & running
  • There is one specific person who is the spider in the web. However, he does a lot of work 'as requested' which makes it hard to get control over his work and the planning
  • At some point they visit a factory to take a look at the processes there
  • I think I remeber at some point the walk around with physical post-it's to get a better insight in what's going on.

Does anyone have any clue what book this might be?

Kind regards,

Rob

03:41 pm July 21, 2020

Are you talking about "The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win"?

04:38 am July 22, 2020

Arun,

That's exactly the book I'm talking about!

Thanks for the swift reply!!

Warm regards,

Rob

06:32 pm August 4, 2020

Great book, easy to read

But I will say it's more about the implementation of ITSM than Agile in my opinion

thanks!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.